Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Floribunda Rose 'Gingersnap'

Rosa

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Gingersnap
Additional cultivar information:(PP4330, aka AROsnap, Apricot Prince, Prince Abricot)
Hybridized by Delbard
Registered or introduced: 1977

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Orange and orange blend (ob)

Bloom Shape:

Bush

Patent expired

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

Scottsdale, Arizona

Buffalo, New York

Akron, Ohio

Vancouver, Washington

On May 21, 2017, piscesxander from Sacramento, CA wrote:

This is my absolute favorite orange. Orange roses are without a doubt my favorite but they're rare, and finding a solid orange that actually stays orange is incredibly rare. This baby holds some fantastic pop color for a very long time and gives off wonderful floribunda clusters with many flowers per tip and doesn't fade to pink. It is not as prolific as other modern floribunda clusters, and the blooms are rather small, only 3-4 inch. But almost all orange roses I have tried put off fairly small blooms and almost unnoticeable fragrance. It bushes quickly from a small plant into a bush type within the first season becoming very full if a bit small - maybe 2x2 - but easily reaches full height of 3-4 x 3-4 in the second season. For me it's been very disease resistant for an older rose... read more

On Jul 20, 2011, dougiedog from Buffalo, NY wrote:

This rose is wonderful! Very disease resistant and that says a lot for the Buffalo,NY area. Just planted it around Mothers Day and it has been in bloom since. Considering the high humidity here I have had very little black spot and would highly recommend this rose if you're looking for a wonderful, (varing shades) orange rose.

On Mar 18, 2010, Katherine_in_CA from Redding, CA wrote:

What a gorgeous & unique rose! Vibrant orange color, petite flowers, and a slight fragrance. Fragrance may become slightly more intense if you use horse manure in your mix like I do. I have noticed some color fading if the blooms are not shaded during at least part of the day. Overall it's a good specimen, and I am eagerly propagating it via cuttings. I will add pictures of my blooms when it begins to flower.