Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'Honey Perfume'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Honey Perfume
Additional cultivar information:(PP16250, aka Honey Perfume, JACarque, Pam Golding)
Hybridized by Zary
Registered or introduced: 2004

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Yellow blend (yb)

Apricot and apricot blend (ab)

Bloom Shape:

Double

Flower Fragrance:

Slightly Fragrant

Habit:

Bush

Can be trained as a standard or tree form

Patented

Other Details:

Shade-tolerant

Resistant to mildew

Stems are moderately thorny

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Layton, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah

Brady, Washington

On May 7, 2015, danieltulip from Brooksville, FL (Zone 9b) wrote:

Brooksville, FL. I bought this rose as a "tree" variety five years ago and have incredible success with it. As soon as it finishes flowering it bounces back with another flush of blooms. It seems to flower continuously for me. The fragrance is intense, another plus. I have had minimal problems with black spot. It gets six hours of sun a day and has been in the same pot since day one and is still going strong. This is a great rose. I recommend it highly. Dan

On Dec 25, 2011, IrisZ7 from Ellicott City, MD wrote:

After having success with Knockouts, I decided to branch out and try other roses this year. I planted over 2 dozen various types of roses around my house in DE.
Much to my delight the Honey Perfume-
- grew vigorously
- gave numerous blooms
- were nicely scented
- did not get BS when others did
- continued to pump out roses until frost

I had roses into November with these. As a newbie with roses, I found this one would be on the top of my recommendation list for first year results. This plant outperformed most others. Of the roses planted this year, about 1/3 have died due to numerous reasons such as poor stock, failure to thrive, disease, newbie lack of rose skills and just not liking the environment. I even have roses that did not ... read more

On Dec 17, 2010, tgwWhale from Casco, WI wrote:

I got a Honey Perfume about five years ago when it was new. It grew well the first year and I made what had to be the finest cut flower bouquet I ever made by using layers of this one and Marmalade Skies. I put that vase out in the church (I'm a clergyman), and one of the people said, "We, now you're being Martha Stewart," or something like that.

But it almost died over the first winter (zone 5), even though it was buried in ground. It never really recovered after that -- it grew, but only barely, and after two years a culled it. That was too bad, because it is a very beautiful rose.

On Jan 28, 2009, texaslynn from Cypress, TX wrote:

This is one of my favorite roses. The blooms are absolutely beautiful and it smells so nice. I have two growing in less than ideal conditions - on the west side of the house so it gets morning shade and then hot afternoon sun but are also partly shaded by some bushes growing to the front of them. They are about 3-4 years old now and are approx. 4 feet tall but I prune them back each year. This is a bush that is easy to prune also.

And of course what every one wants to know: I have never had any blackspot issues whatsoever with this plant and I do not ever spray. And that is definitely a major plus here in Blackspot Central!

On Jun 23, 2007, dicentra63 from West Valley City, UT (Zone 6b) wrote:

I bought three of these in a grocery store, of all places, in six-inch pots. I didn't look closely enough to see that they weren't miniatures, so I planted them near the front of the bed, on the north side of the house.

Well, now they're 4-5 feet tall, but I'm not complaining. I'm not a rose person; however, this is one of my favorite plants, partly because I'm a sucker for apricot/peach-colored flowers and partly because it looks so fabulous by any standard. They bloom starting in June and go on vigorously until Halloween. Last flower to die in the fall.

I have had no problems with any diseases like powdery mildew, but it's dry here in SLC, so maybe that's why. Except for the occasional aphid infestation, it's been trouble-free.

I transplanted ... read more

On Jun 3, 2007, fburg696 from Farmersburg, IN wrote:

I got this rose last year because I like the floribundas and the color was nice.It smells good and seems to grow very vigorously.This year the blooms are bigger and there are more of them also.I am very pleased with this rose,i hope it just keeps getting better with age.

On Feb 9, 2007, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

2004 AARS (All-American Rose Selection) winner.

On May 14, 2005, wubba from Lake Orion, MI (Zone 5a) wrote:

I bought this rose at the end of summer from a local nursery, deeply discounted. This and Belinda's Dream were the first roses I ever bought. It bloomed quite well concidering it was pretty near fall and newly planted. This spring, it took some time for new growth to appear and I was pretty sure that it had been planted too late to survive. I pruned the heck out of it and hoped for the best. Today, it is going crazy. There is plenty of new growth! It obviously has not bloomed yet, but I am feeling pretty confident that it will be just fine.