Euphorbia
Euphorbia lactea 'White Ghost'

Family: Euphorbiaceae (yoo-for-bee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Euphorbia (yoo-FOR-bee-uh) (Info)
Species: lactea (lak-TAY-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: White Ghost

Cactus and Succulents

Partial to Full Shade

Plant has spines or sharp edges; use extreme caution when handling

Inconspicuous/none

Allow cut surface to callous over before planting

By grafting

Natchez, Mississippi

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

negative

On Aug 12, 2013, SondraSD from San Diego, CA wrote:

I'm a beginner- completely! I have recently purchased a Euphorbia Lactea and now a few weeks later it has developed these blackish patches on the parts where the variegation is the darker green color... :-(
My guess is the darker green colored area is where there is more water or fluid at the surface? Or perhaps because euphorbias are supposed to have a milky liquid, ...the darker green albeit sort of translucent part is the area where there is more clear liquid or air pockets? normally?
I have only watered it once, and minimally! I have researched around & don't find a description/image which matches....any advice? I can send/post a picture.

On Nov 5, 2009, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

My e. lived as a houseplant for one year, by a very bright window with little water. It outgrew its indoor pot so I moved it outdoors in full TX sun. It never missed a bit, it never burned. It has gotten no winter protection in the last two years but I do cover it if we get more than a day's rain. Excessive moisture would kill it fast.

On Sep 20, 2006, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

When I first got this plant, I was under the impression that whoever added it to the plant files knew a lot about it.. .but that was obviously incorrect, as it is a much hardier plant than listed here (originally- hope to get that changed)... I have grown it outdoors in zone 9b under protection, but it is marginal there... however, in zone 10a it is perfectly adapted here in Southern California, even to full sun (which also was not listed above), though probably morning sun would be the most ideal situation. When I first got it, it was a greenhouse plant, and did burn in the sun a bit... but it has been growing in hot sun up until just past noon now for nearly 2 years without a hint of burn... and easily takes temps down into the low 30s (30 even, in fact). It is planted outdoors in the ... read more