PlantFiles: Bell Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Lilac'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Lilac

» View all varieties of Peppers

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Heat (Pungency):
Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:
Bell

Fruit Size:
Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Frying
Stuffing

Mid (69-80 days)
Late (more than 80 days)

Neutral BronxBoy On Jan 30, 2008, BronxBoy from Lawrenceville, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

I grew this pepper over the summer of 2007 and liked it. It was very productive but didn't get as colorful and large as I thought it would. But this could be due to the fact that I grew them in hay bales and this was my first time growing using this technique.

I will grow again in raised beds in 2008 and will revise this comment based upon my experiences

Positive Farmerdill On Mar 4, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This my favorite of lavender/purple bells. It holds its soft shade of lavender right up to ripening when it turns red.A 1991 intrduction from Northrup-King. Size is that of a standard blocky bell like California Wonder.

Lewes, Delaware