PlantFiles: Sedum
Sedum clavatum

Family: Crassulaceae (krass-yoo-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Sedum (SEE-dum) (Info)
Species: clavatum (KLAV-ah-tum) (Info)

Groundcovers

Thumbnail #5 of Sedum clavatum by DougC

By DougC
Thumbnail #6 of Sedum clavatum by DougC

Thumbnail #7 of Sedum clavatum by palmbob

Positive realityfaery On Oct 30, 2013, realityfaery from Delano, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Is an excellent potted plant (probably would do great in ground as well) here in the Central Valley. I had it inside when I first purchased it from Home Depot and noticed it wasn't getting enough light. So I put it out on the patio and it has since recovered and happy. I have gotten some of the fallen leaves from when it was having a tough time to root as well.

Positive DougC On Apr 12, 2008, DougC from Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

Sedum clavatum stout, long, bare creeping stems terminates in glaucous papillose blue-green rosettes of succulent leaves.

Habitat: Valley of Tiscalatengo River, Mexico, in the Trans Mexican Volcanic Belt is the home of this species.

Reference: Ray Stephenson's "Sedum Cultivated Stonecrops"

DougC

Positive rhondahunt_1 On Aug 23, 2004, rhondahunt_1 from Bakersfield, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

I recieved this plant from a friend knowing it is a well spreading ground plant. However, when I tried to plant the "babies" it spawned near the mother plant, it started to wilt. I may have given it too much sun, so I moved it indoors. While in the full sun, it grew much taller as compared to the nice compact condition I recieved it in. Am trying to learn how to keep it hardy. News is welcome. I do not know how much water to give it, so I keep it semi dry.

Neutral palmbob On Mar 5, 2004, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

Small rosettes of pale green to bright green clumping groundcover with hint of pink tinged on tips of fat, succulent leaves. Mexican native. SEveral varieties available (blue forms etc.).

Corona, California