Sedum
Sedum clavatum

Family: Crassulaceae (krass-yoo-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Sedum (SEE-dum) (Info)
Species: clavatum (KLAV-ah-tum) (Info)

Groundcovers

Vista, California

Tallahassee, Florida

Louisville, Kentucky

On Oct 30, 2013, realityfaery from Delano, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Is an excellent potted plant (probably would do great in ground as well) here in the Central Valley. I had it inside when I first purchased it from Home Depot and noticed it wasn't getting enough light. So I put it out on the patio and it has since recovered and happy. I have gotten some of the fallen leaves from when it was having a tough time to root as well.

On Apr 12, 2008, DougC from Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

Sedum clavatum stout, long, bare creeping stems terminates in glaucous papillose blue-green rosettes of succulent leaves.

Habitat: Valley of Tiscalatengo River, Mexico, in the Trans Mexican Volcanic Belt is the home of this species.

Reference: Ray Stephenson's "Sedum Cultivated Stonecrops"

DougC

On Aug 23, 2004, rhondahunt_1 from Bakersfield, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

I recieved this plant from a friend knowing it is a well spreading ground plant. However, when I tried to plant the "babies" it spawned near the mother plant, it started to wilt. I may have given it too much sun, so I moved it indoors. While in the full sun, it grew much taller as compared to the nice compact condition I recieved it in. Am trying to learn how to keep it hardy. News is welcome. I do not know how much water to give it, so I keep it semi dry.

On Mar 5, 2004, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

Small rosettes of pale green to bright green clumping groundcover with hint of pink tinged on tips of fat, succulent leaves. Mexican native. SEveral varieties available (blue forms etc.).