PlantFiles: Indian Hawthorn, India Hawthorn
Rhaphiolepis indica 'Pink Lady'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rhaphiolepis (raf-ee-oh-LEP-iss) (Info)
Species: indica (IN-dih-kuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Lady

Synonym:Raphiolepis indica

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Pale Pink

Thumbnail #3 of Rhaphiolepis indica by mgarr

By mgarr
Thumbnail #4 of Rhaphiolepis indica by mgarr

Positive Napsak On Jan 13, 2010, Napsak from San Francisco, CA wrote:

While I see the Pink Hawthorn is listed as doing well in Texas & Florida, it absolutely flourishes in San Francisco, CA and other Bay Area cities with little attention. I live in a condo complex, we have it in several locations. While a resident & Board member, I'm also the landscaping guy. Our hawthorne has bloomed year round, there may be a 3 month period where it doesn't. Leaves are rich dark green, flowers are pink & big, the bees are happy.

Positive barbinvegas On Mar 15, 2005, barbinvegas from Gulf Breeze, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

I just transplanted 2 Indian Hawthorn plants that were growing at a friend's house on Pensacola Beach. Her house was destroyed by hurricane Ivan and most of the plants in her yard were destroyed. We went over today to dig up what was left six months after the hurricane. I was amazed. The plants are beautiful and both have an overabundance of the most beautiful pink flowers. I figure that if the hawthorn can withstand being under a foot of salt water from the ocean, 2 months of having its roots burried in sand/salt mixture, only the rain for water and no fertilizer, it can withstand anything. Hats off to the hawthorn.

Negative smiln32 On Mar 12, 2005, smiln32 from Oklahoma City, OK (Zone 7a) wrote:

I had this for two years before it succumbed to a leaf fungus. It never bloomed. It never grew. It never even sprouted a new leaf. It will be replaced with something else. I won't try this one again.

Dunnellon, Florida