PlantFiles: Variegated Wandflower, Variegated White Gaura
Gaura lindheimeri 'Corrie's Gold'

Family: Onagraceae (on-uh-GRAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Gaura (GOW-ra) (Info)
Species: lindheimeri (lind-HY-mer-ee) (Info)
Cultivar: Corrie's Gold

Synonym:Oenothera lindheimeri

Variegated
Good Fall Color

From seed; winter sow in vented containers, coldframe or unheated greenhouse

Thumbnail #1 of Gaura lindheimeri by htop

Thumbnail #2 of Gaura lindheimeri by htop

By BUFFY690
Thumbnail #3 of Gaura lindheimeri by BUFFY690

Thumbnail #4 of Gaura lindheimeri by htop

Thumbnail #5 of Gaura lindheimeri by Gabrielle

Thumbnail #6 of Gaura lindheimeri by Gabrielle

Thumbnail #7 of Gaura lindheimeri by Gabrielle

Positive MsScarletl On Jun 2, 2008, MsScarletl from Fort Walton Beach, FL wrote:

Since the Florida Gulf Coast is not friendly to many of the pretty perennial flowering plants, I was very pleased to see how well this plant is doing in our area. I rescued the plant from our local Lowe's and it was not in very good condition when I took it home. Many of the branches were broken and old flowers had been allowed to die back on the plant. When I trimmed it up at home after transplanting it to a larger pot for this season, I took the cuttings and placed them in potting soil in another pot on the north side of my home. I did this approximately 2 weeks ago and when I checked them this morning, they had rooted. For me that is another plus because I love to propagate and create my own new plants, especially one this lovely.
I would encourage other Gulf Coast Floridians to try this plant.

Positive lola23 On Jul 18, 2007, lola23 from Portland, OR wrote:

I'm very pleased with this plant, even though it really hasn't attracted butterflies as well as it's alternative name, "whirling butterflies," may suggest. However, in a manner of months, this plant has spread out, bloomed, and stayed beautiful, no matter how much neglect it's been through. My soil is pretty clay and I was worried that nothing would do well in my garden, but this is definitely up to the challenge. (I'm new at gardening, so it means a lot when I say this... it's very easy to take care of!)

Positive janders On Apr 2, 2005, janders from Rockwall, TX wrote:

This plant has a will to live. Had been moved three times before I found it a permanent home and always came back. Will start to look messy after flowers fade, just cut stems back to the foliage and it will recover beautifully. Best as a background plant with lots of room. This is also called 'whirling butterflies.'

Positive pkeck On Oct 3, 2004, pkeck from Jersey City, NJ wrote:

I bought this plant on a rescue mission to a local nursery. It's been in my tree pit since early summer, and has been blooming ever since. Countless dogs have used it for their pit-stops and this charming wildflower just keeps looking fabulous. Hopefully it will fill out next year.

Calistoga, California