Bower Vine, Jasmine
Pandorea jasminoides 'Alba'

Family: Bignoniaceae (big-no-nih-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Pandorea (pan-DOH-ree-uh) (Info)
Species: jasminoides (jaz-min-OY-deez) (Info)
Cultivar: Alba

By simple layering

Clayton, California

Sacramento, California

positive

On Aug 9, 2006, JaxFlaGardener from Jacksonville, FL (Zone 8b) wrote:

I have this vine interplanted with several other vines so I have not noticed any sparseness in its coverage. The beautiful white flowers which come dependably every year are a treat! I've not had any problem with yellowing of leaves or nutrient deficiencies. My plant grows in a mostly shaded location with no pampering. It comes through winters with temperatures as low as 28 F with no problems.

Jeremy

On Aug 2, 2004, headred from San Diego, CA wrote:

I noticed on someone else's response that this vine doesn't have a thick coverage. I'd felt mine was exptradonary since it doesn't....but am still worried that it has yellow leaves a lot. I'm using Miracle Grow on it.....and well as a general granulated fertilizer periodically. When the leaves turn yellow I use an Iron additive in a watering can-full. Water weekly..but it is in clay soil. Should I plant another vine with it for coverage? Or, perhaps, two of the same?
I don't feel it's a great sucess....but maybe that's how they are!!!