PlantFiles: Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'Simplicity'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Simplicity
Additional cultivar information: (PP4089, aka Pink Simplicity, JACink)
Hybridized by Warriner; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1978

Class:
Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Medium pink (mp)

Resistant to mildew
Resistant to rust
Stems are nearly thornless

Pruning Instructions:
Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Thumbnail #5 of Rosa  by bootandall

By Calif_Sue
Thumbnail #6 of Rosa  by Calif_Sue

Negative kraftygirlsd On Apr 18, 2012, kraftygirlsd from San Diego, CA wrote:

Last year, I planted 16 pink simplicity roses in front of my house. I chose them because I liked the pink blooms, thick foliage and fact that they are disease resistant. The roses grew quickly and produce abundant blooms. I receive compliments every time someone walks by my house. HOWEVER, they are NOT disease resistant. I am battling with major rose rust! It requires hours of removing leaves each month. I've tried all of the fungicide sprays numerous times...and nothing works. Today I was so frustrated that I pruned them all back (and it's April). I've done this once before and followed all the standard advice and they still had rose rust when they grew back. just letting you all know, they are beautiful, but NOT DISEASE RESITANT!!!!!!
PS - I live in San Diego

Positive wilsoncb On May 4, 2011, wilsoncb from Ypsilanti, MI wrote:

This rose was at my house when I moved in some 21 years ago. In my Zone 5 garden (southern Michigan) the amount dies back varies greatly from year to year, but even when it dies back nearly to the ground it always comes back big and bushy by June. Mine gets afternoon sun (it's on a western wall), and though it can get black spot without treatment it always keeps blooming. The flowers are a very clear, bright, though not so intense pink. Simple, but the color looks great indoors as a cut flower, too. Very little scent. Definitely reminds me of its parent, Iceberg.

Negative greenthum3 On Aug 28, 2009, greenthum3 from Jacksonville, FL wrote:

This plant was not worth the purchase. I grew it for 2 seasons to give it a change to fill out and it always looked pathetic. I don't see how it would ever become the full hedge that it should be.

Neutral Joan On Apr 4, 2009, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note

Plant Patent number 4089 has expired
Neutral Paulwhwest On May 17, 2004, Paulwhwest from Irving (Dallas area), TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

Bred in the United States. Won the Floribunda Spray award four times from 1999-2001, and the New Zealand Gold Medal in 1976.

Parentage: