PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Snow White'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Snow White

Thumbnail #6 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LenaBeanNZ

By Dosetaker
Thumbnail #7 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Dosetaker

Positive Dosetaker On May 13, 2012, Dosetaker from Mason, NH (Zone 5b) wrote:

Can't say enough about this variety. The taste is unlike any other cherry, and without question the best tasting yellow of any size tomato I've ever tried. Plants grow to quite a large size are are very full and bushy, not leggy at all.

Positive eab28 On Apr 25, 2012, eab28 from Littleton, MA wrote:

In Littleton, MA two years ago, this plant was a heavy producer right up until frost, had astonishingly delicious tomato flavor, had no wilt or diseases, and the ripened fruit held well on the vine, with no spoilage, a few times when I couldn't pick it fast enough. The variety is rarely offered in local nurseries, though. (Verrill Farm in Concord had the first one I found but didn't offer it last year or this year).

Positive kqcrna On Aug 26, 2008, kqcrna from Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a) wrote:

These Snow White are my favorite tomatoes. This is my second year growing them. I, too, can stand by the plant and eat dozens at a time. They're so prolific that I keep a bowl of them on my kitchen counter and eat them every time I walk into the kitchen.

I start my seeds outdoors in spring. We had a very cool spring this year and I had poor germination. I have 2 of these plants in my yard. The deer ate the top half of one a couple of months ago, but the other is, I'm sure, at least 6 feet tall. Last year's were 6 footers, too.

Karen

Positive scholl734 On Apr 29, 2008, scholl734 from Ypsilanti, MI wrote:

I've grown this one from seed a for a few years. The tomatoes are the sweetest tasting cherry variety that I have ever had...Highly recommended. Big producer as well..

Positive Suze_ On Sep 15, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

Very nice flavor. Sweet/fruity as some have described, but not bland. Pale yellow in my garden, not white for me at all.

Positive MikeyJoe On Sep 12, 2006, MikeyJoe from Clarksville, IN wrote:

A large, healthy plant that is highly productive. I had only one plant this year, it was planted in a shady spot at the end of my garden. I can't imagine it providing more fruit than it has but I bet it will when it gets full sun.

The fruit is similar in appearance to Snowberry or Lemon Drop, but each has a flavor of their own.

Positive sadie_mae On Dec 30, 2004, sadie_mae from Central, KY (Zone 6b) wrote:

I'm not a big fan of tomatoes, but will stand at the plant and eat these as fast as I can pick them. To me, they have a slightly sweet, fruity flavor. I gave 2 of the plants that I started to my neighbor and they are hooked on them. The plants grew large, at least 4' tall and produced a lot of fruit.

Positive evdon2 On Aug 31, 2004, evdon2 from Stockton, CA wrote:

I sent an order to Tomato Growers and in that order the Snow White Cherry tomatoe seed was included.I started from seed and after they had matured enough I planted them along with my other tomatoes.The two plants that went into my garden grew to quite impressive proportions,about 6 feet high and about 4 to 5 feet wide.They produced and are still producing fruit at mind boggling quantities.I have got rave reviews from those that I have shared my bounty with,so next year they will once again be a part of my tomato crop.

Springdale, Arkansas