PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Super Sioux'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Super Sioux

Thumbnail #3 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LilyLover_UT

By diggo1
Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by diggo1

Positive JULIETABER On Oct 24, 2010, JULIETABER from Fort Worth, TX wrote:

Super Sioux didn't produce in our really hot North Texas heat, but now that it has cooled off, the plant is loaded. Don't have a ripe one yet, but it won't be long.

Neutral BajaBlue On Feb 22, 2010, BajaBlue from Rancho Santa Rita, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

A hard to find heavy producer of 4-6oz fruits. Does very well in a wide variety of conditions (drought,cool weather). Good choice for high altitudes.

Positive diggo1 On Jul 28, 2009, diggo1 from Little Rock, AR (Zone 7b) wrote:

Taste, hardiness, heat tolerance, wet split tolerance, abundance, CAN ability. Grow these if you want tomatoes ALL SUMMER LONG! They are not huge but that is a plus with all that can go wrong with a beefsteak. Early june 09 we had 2weeks of 95+temps WAY BEYOND THE NORM for that time of year. Out of the 5 varieties I planted: Azoytchka, Burpees Jubilee, Better Boy, Steak Sandwich, and Super Sioux. Super Sioux fared the best. Now that we are having abnormal July rains there is some splitting, but all my varieties are. My opinion on taste? I can't speak for Marana AZ golf mecca. I can only speak for Little Rock AR tomato mecca. ARKANSAS IS HEAVEN!

Negative azruss On Jul 2, 2009, azruss from Marana, AZ (Zone 8b) wrote:

Prolific plants but almost tasteless from my garden this year. Supermarket tomatoes are better, in my opinion.

Tucson, Arizona