Double Narcissus, Double Daffodil
Narcissus 'Replete'

Family: Amaryllidaceae (am-uh-ril-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Narcissus (nar-SIS-us) (Info)
Cultivar: Replete

Linden, Virginia

Newport News, Virginia

Vancouver, Washington

On Feb 27, 2014, eolivas103 from Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a) wrote:

I have grown these for 3 years and still...Tangerine. But you know what, I do love them too. I love the way the white and orange interlay within the flower. What's really strange is if my soil has any inclination to turn a flower a certain color it would turn them pink and Replete for me, is very unpink. The other thing I like about Replete is the plants are extremely healthy and reliable bloomers but they don't overdo the reproduction each year. 2015 Update: On the 4th year, I finally had some dark orange blooms and very pretty. I also received a few blooms that started out Orange/Yellow and Green that were absolutely breathtaking.

On Mar 31, 2010, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Growing in Freestone Co., TX. Ruffled cup is more peachy than pink. It has been reliable (though not a multiplier) but I must say some of the flowers look deformed. zI believe this is considered a double daff.

On May 6, 2009, ronmac46 from Fair Oaks, CA wrote:

After buying a bag of these bulbs, I happened across these posts and after reading them figured I had made a mistake. Well..... They came up in a shady area under some oak trees and I am very happy with them so far. I can't beleive how long the blooms are lasting, Ive had flowers for over a month and a half and 1/3 of them are still looking great, unlike my yellow ones that were gone after 3 weeks. They are light pink with darker pink centers. Yes I guess they do droop a bit but I dont see it as a problem. As for how many years the bulbs last... guess I'll have to wait and see.

On Apr 18, 2009, veryzer from Sycamore, IL wrote:

I didn't expect a true pink color from this flower, so I'm not disappointed by that; however, the flower droops so drastically that it's difficult to even see. One would have to be about a foot tall to truly appreciate them.

On Mar 14, 2009, montsho from Tracy, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

I guess I should have read here first regarding this variety. Mine came up a coral rose color. Actually that is the color they turn after fading from the initial orange and yellow color.

On Oct 20, 2008, beansandpenney from Orchard Park, NY (Zone 5a) wrote:

I bought a sack of these bulbs from Breck's, and included in my package was: A NOTE ABOUT PINK DAFFODILS...yes, it seems that they BLOOM butter-yellow and gradually fade to coral-pink, it may take a few seasons to turn into the pretty petal pink we are hoping for. But I am sure ALL of us here are guilty of buying a sack of bulbs and being suckered in by the airbrushed picture on the sack...it is all part of the joy and learning experience, not to mention the *surprises*, of gardening!!

On Apr 27, 2007, kbaumle from Northwest, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

Ditto to every single thing that wallaby said.

On Apr 23, 2006, wallaby1 from Lincoln
United Kingdom (Zone 8a) wrote:

I never give a plant a negative without much consideration. This variety, for a start, would appear to be some sort of an imposter, as all the pictures shown of it in the catalogues show it to be bright pink. That is in itself a huge let-down when one realises it is nothing of the sort, as the colour being the reason one buys it in the first place.

Secondly, it does not appear to be very long lived, so unless one is particularly fond of it and does not mind replacing it, then that scores against it. I started with 10 bulbs, and have 2 left after approx. 4 years. One of those has a malformed flower.

Thirdly, to be a worthy plant I would expect the flower to be attractive from any angle, and the side view is really not that. It does have a tendency to hang ... read more

On Apr 14, 2006, ineedacupoftea from Denver, CO wrote:

These have been relatively tough plants for me, growing in nearly unamended soil. The color does take on a coral-like cast (but not entirely pink) in a certain stage. This is especially fun when there is also gold and a background of white.
Long lasting, nice fragrance and cut-flower potential.

On Jan 16, 2006, Gabrielle from (Zone 5a) wrote:

Blooms in April in my garden.

I bought these from a well known catalog company, hoping they would be as pink as shown, but as Toxicodendron showed, they aren't really pink. I was not happy about being mislead, and wrote for a refund. They said they were not supposed to be pink, but rather apricot . . . so why does their catalog say and show otherwise?! They are pretty enough for "apricot," but I wanted pink.

My information says it is hardy in zones 3-9. When planting daffodils, dig a hole three times the depth of the bulb.