PlantFiles: Zinnia
Zinnia 'Profusion Apricot'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zinnia (ZIN-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Profusion Apricot
Additional cultivar information: (Profusion series)

Not Applicable

Coral/Apricot

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

By sweezel

Thumbnail #5 of Zinnia  by green76thumb

Thumbnail #6 of Zinnia  by green76thumb

Thumbnail #7 of Zinnia  by green76thumb

Positive rosalma On Oct 2, 2009, rosalma from Mendon, MA wrote:

I purchased a 6 pack of these beauties in May,2008, and fell in love! Disease-free, prolific bloomer right up until our first killing frost in November. Colors varied on this plant from day to day (creamy yellow, bright yellow, light peach, apricot, bright orange, rusty orange). I attributed this change in colors to temp. & amount of sun, although I really don't know for sure what caused it - I've never experienced this with any other plant. I collected seeds in the fall, and started my own plants for the 2009 season. (No greenhouse, just started them in my sunny kitchen). I put very small (about 3"-4") plants in the ground at the end of May (18 of them). They have all performed exactly the same as those from 2008, and I will continue collecting seeds and planting these forever!! They are especially beautiful when mixed throughout the garden with blues or purples (verbena, ageratum). I only wish I could dig them up before the frost and have their beauty continue through the winter as a house plant. I guess that would be expecting too much from this wonderful plant. Maybe I'll try one plant just for the heck of it.

Positive BajaBlue On Jun 5, 2009, BajaBlue from Rancho Santa Rita, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

petite zinnias in delicious apricot shades with exceptional heat and mildew resistance. Superb performers bloom non-stop on 2 foot plants. A lovely canopy of summer color.

Positive Tetrazygia On Jul 16, 2008, Tetrazygia from Miami, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

I'm not growing them now, but I had planted a couple of these a few years ago and they ended up reseeding all over the place. The new seedlings looked just like the parents, flowers and all.

Mendon, Massachusetts