Zinnia
Zinnia 'Profusion Apricot'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zinnia (ZIN-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Profusion Apricot
Additional cultivar information:(Profusion series)

Not Applicable

Coral/Apricot

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

Mendon, Massachusetts

Pawling, New York

Belfield, North Dakota

Mc Kinney, Texas

Salt Lake City, Utah

Radford, Virginia

Madison, Wisconsin

On Oct 2, 2009, rosalma from Mendon, MA wrote:

I purchased a 6 pack of these beauties in May,2008, and fell in love! Disease-free, prolific bloomer right up until our first killing frost in November. Colors varied on this plant from day to day (creamy yellow, bright yellow, light peach, apricot, bright orange, rusty orange). I attributed this change in colors to temp. & amount of sun, although I really don't know for sure what caused it - I've never experienced this with any other plant. I collected seeds in the fall, and started my own plants for the 2009 season. (No greenhouse, just started them in my sunny kitchen). I put very small (about 3"-4") plants in the ground at the end of May (18 of them). They have all performed exactly the same as those from 2008, and I will continue collecting seeds and planting these forever!! ... read more

On Jun 5, 2009, BajaBlue from Rancho Santa Rita, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

petite zinnias in delicious apricot shades with exceptional heat and mildew resistance. Superb performers bloom non-stop on 2 foot plants. A lovely canopy of summer color.

On Jul 16, 2008, Tetrazygia from Miami, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

I'm not growing them now, but I had planted a couple of these a few years ago and they ended up reseeding all over the place. The new seedlings looked just like the parents, flowers and all.