PlantFiles: Japanese Windflower, Japanese Anemone, Japanese Thimbleflower
Anemone 'Honorine Jobert'

Family: Ranunculaceae (ra-nun-kew-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Anemone (uh-NEM-oh-nee) (Info)
Cultivar: Honorine Jobert

Flowers are good for cutting

By Kell

Thumbnail #5 of Anemone  by saya

Thumbnail #6 of Anemone  by DaylilySLP

By victorgardener
Thumbnail #7 of Anemone  by victorgardener

Positive sophie1950 On Sep 1, 2013, sophie1950 from South Greenfield, MO (Zone 6a) wrote:

I've had this plant for about 2 decades in a humus rich soil that is usually kept regularly watered. It has slowly explanded, but not in an invasive manner. Lately, in July each year it is getting 'skeletonized' by grey blister beetles, and has to come back from the ground. Despite this, it has bloomed beautifully. This year I used Safer soap on the beetles, and, whether it was that, or just the beetles being worse than usual, I thought I had killed the plant - hadn't seen any sign of it for 8 weeks, so bought some shrubs to replace it. Three days ago, I saw new growth coming up through, so I will try planting it up on the rocky dry hillside behind our kitchen - close enough to enjoy it if it does make it, but not right in 'prime real estate' where the blister beetles' work is so obvious.

Negative laurel1949 On Jun 1, 2013, laurel1949 from surrey, bc

While they are pretty, they are terribly invasive in my area which is Vancouver, British Columbia. I planted 3 or 4 last year and now they are smothering all my perennials. I must have 40 of them now in year two that I am yanking out. I will pull all of them out soon. I regret having planted them.

Positive zone5dirt On Nov 9, 2009, zone5dirt from Crystal Lake, IL wrote:

I had this plant in my last zone 5 garden, and it thrived on neglect in poor, lean, dry, pebble-ridden soil, and very little sun. It required zero effort on my part, and it was gorgeous, although it started rather late in the season. I'd suggest planting it where you can see it from the house, as it may start beyond the usual garden-stroll season. My latest attempt with this plant failed, but I suspect I planted it too late in the season for it to successfully survive the winter. I will try it again, as my previous experience was that it was a delicate looking, no brainer plant.

Positive janesdtr On Aug 24, 2008, janesdtr from Pittsburgh, PA (Zone 5b) wrote:

Lovely, reliable fall bloomer. I look forward to it's cheerful, white blooms in September and October. Great cutting flower.

Not invasive here in Pittsburgh. In fact, it's a little reluctant to get started and divisions are slow to catch on, but patience is rewarded with a beautiful show of white and yellow.

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 18, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

36"-42" Extra large single white. Long blooming.

2" flowers on tall stems are freely and continuously produced. Likes moisture, and needs winter protection in the most northern states. Deer resistant. Good for cut flowers.

Neutral flowercrazy39 On Aug 26, 2005, flowercrazy39 from Manchester, NH wrote:

Nice blooms, slow growing.

Positive sterhill On Nov 18, 2004, sterhill from Atlanta, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Atlanta - can be slowly invasive - sends out undergraound runners and small "plantlets" are easily pulled up. My oldest plant was huge this year - flower spikes 4 - 5' high. Very pretty leaves.

Alameda, California