Cucumber
Cucumis sativus 'Cool Breeze'

Family: Cucurbitaceae (koo-ker-bih-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Cucumis (KOO-koo-mis) (Info)
Species: sativus (sa-TEE-vus) (Info)
Cultivar: Cool Breeze

Ithaca, New York

Union Mills, North Carolina

Pryor, Oklahoma

On Jun 1, 2015, brazenhead from Pryor, OK wrote:

First time I've grown cucumbers and this is a delight! So far it's been a cool wet spring in NE Oklahoma and this plant is thriving. Had my first one right at about 45 days a after I put it in the container, and it is covered with blooms and and tiny cucumbers. No seeds AND burp less?! What more could you want?

On Jun 24, 2014, Judygardenfan from Ithaca, NY wrote:

This plant has been growing beautifully in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. I got the seeds from Park Seed and this is my first year with this variety. The other varieties of cucumber I planted are just beginning to bloom, but I've already harvested my first cucumber from the Cool Breeze plant so I will always plant some of this variety in future years for early harvesting. The fruit was tender and sweet, and the vines are loaded, so I will have more to enjoy soon.

On Feb 24, 2011, diggo1 from Little Rock, AR (Zone 7b) wrote:

Totally Tomatoes is substituting 'corentine' cucumber for 'cool breeze'. This is supposed to be another parthenocarpic french variety with the some of the same characteristics as 'cool breeze'. We shall see.

On Feb 4, 2011, amesdp from Minneapolis, MN wrote:

I LOVE this cucumber but this year I can't find any seeds. All the sites I find say this is a crop failure. I ordered it from Jung which listed it as "on back order" but when I called Jung, they also said it is a crop failure. If anyone has a tip on how I can get these seeds, please let me know. I would also pay for a few seeds sent in the mail from some kind soul. Thanks.

On Sep 15, 2004, Toxicodendron from Piedmont, MO (Zone 6a) wrote:

I have grown this variety for the last two years and I have been delighted with the lack of bitterness when hot weather settles in. I eat them fresh, even though they are rather small. If I grow them next year, I will try to get a picture. Park Seed was my source for this selection.

On Jul 8, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A (French Cornichon Type) early hybrid, vigorous plants produce medium-green, 4-5 inch fruits. Large yields. Great for pickling and slicing. Resistant to Cucumber Mosaic Virus, Powdery Mildew and scab. 45 days. Primarily a pickling cucumber, it is also suitable for green house culture. Parthenocarpic.