Calibrachoa, Million Bells
Calibrachoa 'Million Bells Terra Cotta'

Genus: Calibrachoa (kal-ih-bruh-KOE-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Million Bells Terra Cotta
Additional cultivar information:(PP11352, Million Bells series; aka Sunbelkist, Terracotta)
Hybridized by Murakami

Farmington, Utah

Staunton, Virginia

Charleston, West Virginia

On Jan 27, 2012, johoney from Campion, CO wrote:

I have been growing 'Callies', as my garden center calls them, for several years...They are so easy, and yet so beautiful to take care of, no 'dead-heading'.
I have been searching for seed, and just found out on Dave's Garden that they are steril and propagated by cuttings...NOW I know and will search no more. Wish someone had told me that long ago.

On Aug 30, 2010, NancyMcD from Grand Marais, MI wrote:

These little beauties do really well up here in the far north, too. They're the best thing I've found for hanging baskets and large pots - they just never give up! Highly recommended.

On May 30, 2010, GardenSanctuary from Monmouth County, NJ (Zone 6a) wrote:

I've been using these plants as annuals in a 'renovating-as-I-go" foundation border, zone 6 - LOVE them! Notoriously bad with fall clean up and slow to start this year brought a pleasant surprise - my Terra Cotta had survived our horrible winter. Absolutely no protection especially since I replant as annuals each year. The other Million Bells in the same border (near and at a distance) did not survive - so go figure!

On Oct 6, 2008, Texasgrower from Palestine, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

I love this plant. I have two containers that are mounded round and thick. They self clean and are always full. They love water in the heat of summer. A weekly dose of Miracle Grow has kept mine very happy. In the heat summer they do like the afternoon shade, say from 3pm on. I highly recommend them.

On Jul 28, 2008, valdev from Boise, ID (Zone 6b) wrote:

Grew this last year in a large, glazed turquoise container, mixed with bright magenta petunia (Blue Wave), bright red Verbena, orange, pink and red Lantana, and Jasmine (officinale or polyanthum) vine for a combination of super hot colors and sweet scent.

I loved it, and am sad I didn't find Terra Cotta again at any of the 3 stores I usually buy plants. I tried to overwinter the pot, but only the Jasmine, Lantana and Verbena survived.

On Jun 10, 2008, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

great annuals, in my yard, they are slightly tougher than petunias. I apply a weekly diluted dose of bloombuster and they treat me to a most colorful show.

On May 5, 2008, hymenocallis from Auburn, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

I grew the terra cotta variety in a hanging basket last year and on the recommendation of a friend I sheared the flowers off last November and left it outside during our version if winter. We experinced lows of 20-25 F several times last winter and I had little hope for it. Forward to this spring and it is now blooming its head off and I have planted it outdoors.

Alternatively I repeated the same procedure ( plus additional fertilizer) on a redder version of million belles in the greenhouse and it is beautiful now too.

On Jul 30, 2005, mornin_gayle from Bloomingdale, OH (Zone 6a) wrote:

Stunning colors. Every visitor comments on it. Very sturdy, survived 70 mph winds and my dog knocking it over twice. Keep well watered, wilts fast, but bounces back quickly. I'll definately buy this one again! I got mine at Lowe's.

On Jul 21, 2004, hanna1 from Castro Valley, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Quite attractive, plant in rich, well drained potting soil, use high nitrogen fertilizer, slow release once a season or water soluble twice a month.