PlantFiles: Plumeria, Frangipani
Plumeria rubra 'Edi Moragne'

Family: Apocynaceae (a-pos-ih-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Plumeria (ploo-MEER-ee-a) (Info)
Species: rubra (ROO-bruh) (Info)
Cultivar: Edi Moragne

» View all varieties of Plumeria

Pale Yellow

Bronze-Green
Shiny/Glossy-Textured
Veined
Leathery-Textured

Flowers are good for cutting

By krussadams
Thumbnail #1 of Plumeria rubra by krussadams

Thumbnail #2 of Plumeria rubra by Clare_CA

Thumbnail #3 of Plumeria rubra by Clare_CA

Thumbnail #4 of Plumeria rubra by Clare_CA

By sandollarsf
Thumbnail #5 of Plumeria rubra by sandollarsf

Positive riddler On Jul 10, 2008, riddler from Saint Petersburg, FL wrote:

Twenty years ago a tenant in the garage apartment behind my house left a potted Frangipani when he moved out. I stuck the tree outside on my deck and basically forgot about it. (The only water it received was rainwater.) After 10 years of total neglect we finally planted the tree in our front yard. Now each year it blooms with beautiful fragrant white flowers. It still survives on nothing but rainfall in full Florida sun and is surprisingly a very happy tree. Several years back the neighbor's cat broke off one of the limbs. We just stuck it in the ground and it rooted. Now it blooms each year as well. This tree is basically indestructible. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it loses all its leaves in the winter.

Positive SudieGoodman On Feb 20, 2005, SudieGoodman from Broaddus, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

My friend has a 6 foot tree which the wind blew over & broke off a limb about 1 " thick and about 18" long - my friend gave it to me to root. I've had it all winter inside under an incandesent light and it is doing wonderfully well. I do believe it is going to bloom. It made six nice leaves right away now it has 4 pod-looking growth at very top that I do believe will turn out to be blooms. I'm so excited! I gave it root stimulator for six weeks, then Osmocote. I mist it about 3 times weekly. My friend got her plant from a Hawiian vacation.

Positive krussadams On Jul 13, 2004, krussadams from Norwalk, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

I love this plant! We inherited this plant from our home's previous owners, and at first didn't know what it was - it was a leafless trunk which we almost thought worthless. Then came this summer - and holy cow! The plant made a heckuva show, and the flowers are copious. Add to that a very strong jasmine scent from the flowers, and we've got a winner.

La Quinta, California
Laguna Beach, California
Long Beach, California
Los Angeles, California (2 reports)
Norwalk, California
San Diego, California (2 reports)
Boca Raton, Florida