Tomato 'Garden Peach'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Garden Peach
» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Remove fleshy coating on seeds before storing

Ferment seeds before storing

Elba, New York

Cedar Creek, Texas

Liberty Hill, Texas

On Aug 6, 2009, grik from Saint Paul, MN wrote:

I grew this variety for the first time this year. It tastes good but what is remarkable is how beatiful the fruits are. They do look like peaches . They yellow translucent skin seems to glow. It has also been fairly productive.

On Apr 14, 2009, Wulfsden from Riverdale, NJ (Zone 6a) wrote:

I grow Garden Peach in 14" plant pots, and trim them to be about 6" high and not much wider than the pot. I use recycled potting soil and Plant Tones Organic fertilizer sprinkling about a level teaspoon about once a week while plant is fruiting. They also get one treatment of liquid seaweed fertilizer when transplanted over whole plant, and one more when they set flower, but only over the roots. Unable to find seeds locally, I got my first garden peach from a garden store as a flat, and saved the seeds. Now I plant about 3 GP each year from the prior year's seeds. I usually get tons of medium sized, furry, yellow tomatoes with a slight pink blush as they ripen. Even last year, when cold, wet weather caused problems with most of my heirlooms, these guys were problem free (but the yield did ... read more

On Aug 22, 2006, PurplePansies from Deal, NJ (Zone 7a) wrote:

Adorable little tomatos. ;) Look JUST like little peaches. :) peachey/ apricot/ yellow color with a real pink blush on the blossom end. :) And fuzzy. :) Smaller than peaches and some tom.s. about the size of a plum tomato/ if a bit bigger (but round, not plum shaped). Easy to grow, prolific and disease free. Flavor is fine. Somewhat mild and slightly, but not very sweet. Somewhat seedy, not a meaty tomato, but a LOVELY and tasty novelty. ;) :)