Cucumber 'Satsuki Madori'

Cucumis sativus

Family: Cucurbitaceae (koo-ker-bih-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Cucumis (KOO-koo-mis) (Info)
Species: sativus (sa-TEE-vus) (Info)
Cultivar: Satsuki Madori
» View all varieties of Cucumbers

Open Pollinated

Gold (Yellow-Orange)

Ida Grove, Iowa

Buffalo, New York

Aston, Pennsylvania

On Mar 25, 2011, Pitcom from Avondale, PA (Zone 6b) wrote:

I grew this cucumber last year and it was extremely prolific. It has wonderful flavor and is great for making fresh cucumber juice. Stays very crispy after harvest and stores well. Make sure to pick these quickly as they can double or triple in size literally over night. This is the perfect cucumber for making a cucumber salad or Tzatziki.

On Jul 26, 2009, lemurianne from Ida Grove, IA (Zone 5a) wrote:

I grew this for the first time this year after having bought the seed from Seeds of Change. It is a truly tasty cucumber, and none have actually made it into my house because my two year old and I feast on these in the garden! The cucumbers are very long and slender, VERY crisp and have very few seeds. There has not been a bitter one in the bunch, the taste is mild but slightly sweet and sprite-y.

Also, these cucumbers produced before any other varieties I'd planted (at the same time, including marketmore, lemon, etc.) and haven't been bothered at all by the fact that I've neglected to water them :P I have them in partial shade, with only mid-afternoon sun. I will continue growing these!! They're by far my new favorite cucumber.

On Feb 14, 2009, gary950 from Buffalo, NY wrote:

easy to grow in pots,good yield great taste

On Aug 13, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Available from Seeds of Change which offers this description; "10"-14" long fruit. A very rare, Asian variety. Long, slender fruits have tender skin and few seeds. Extremely delicious and never bitter."