Sweet corn
Zea mays var. rugosa 'Incredible'

Family: Poaceae (poh-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zea (ZEE-uh) (Info)
Species: mays var. rugosa

Pierce City, Missouri

Baker City, Oregon

Huntington, West Virginia

On Jul 26, 2007, MaryE from Baker City, OR (Zone 5b) wrote:

My area has a short growing season so I look for early varieties. Incredible corn certainly lives up to it's name. My first planting goes into the ground at about the end of May, 2nd about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after that the 3rd planting. This gives us corn until frost. This variety replaced Early Sunglow which I grew for many years. The ears are larger, and it is sweeter but still has great corn flavor. It keeps quite well on the stalks and takes longer than the Early Sunglow to get starchy. It's my new favorite!

On Aug 27, 2006, Indy from Alexandria, IN (Zone 6a) wrote:

I too like this one.

On Aug 4, 2006, larry4x4 from Lyons, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

The best sweet corn I've ever eaten. I agree, it keeps very well in freezer. Taste is exceptional even after a year in the chest freezer. Big ears, beautiful yellow.

On Jan 22, 2006, DrCochran from Mammoth Spring, AR wrote:

This cultivar is my favorite sweet corn, not only for it's great pollination (skips in the cobs are very rare), but also for it's keeping ability. We found some 2 year old frozen corn in the bottom of the deep freeze.....still exceptional.

On Sep 3, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A homozygous sugary enhanced (sese) yellow hybrid from Crookham. Ears are 9.5 inches with 18 rows,