Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Campanula, Peachleaf Bellflower 'Telham Beauty'

Campanula persicifolia

Family: Campanulaceae (kam-pan-yew-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Campanula (kam-PAN-yoo-luh) (Info)
Species: persicifolia (per-sik-ih-FOH-lee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Telham Beauty

Flowers are good for cutting

Grow outdoors year-round

Lima, Ohio

Mount Hood Parkdale, Oregon

Leesburg, Virginia

On Mar 29, 2016, UptownWorld from Buchanan, MI wrote:

I have to agree with the othe gardener who loves this flower. It is absolutely gorgeous. I was speechess when it bloomed last year and offered up dozens of tall spikes of breathtaking blue flowers. It was so beautiful that I posted a pic on facebook. I just had to share it with others, and the comments were as glowing as mine. I have sandy soil and it seems to love it. Its already a few inches tall near end of March, so I dug up some of it and spread it around. I can't wait to see more towers of beautiful blue flowers scattered around my grounds. You will not be disappointed with this cultivar!

On Feb 26, 2011, whitesam9 from Dayton, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

I planted a couple Telham Beauty Bellflowers last year. They produced gorgeous clouds of light-blue flowers. I was able to really extend their blooming season by deadheading the individual flowers on a regular basis. Yes it's a lot of work deadheading individual flowers, but I think it was really worth it with these.

On Jun 7, 2009, straea from Somerville, MA (Zone 6b) wrote:

I planted this as a very young plant about a year ago, and it just started to bloom here, about a week later than other local bellflowers but absolutely worth the wait! The flowers are a satiny pale blue which seems to have a sheen in the sun, and despite the previous comment, the flower-laden stalks are holding up quite well in my very windy (for my region) garden. Even though this is its first year blooming, it's already sent up four bloom stalks (two have open flowers so far) and appears to be sending out more even as its first flowers bloom.

The source I got it from last year already dropped it and it appears from a cursory web search that it's uncommon here in the US, and I just don't understand that. I hope it self-seeds, and would happy plant more plants if given t... read more

On Dec 31, 2004, smiln32 from Oklahoma City, OK (Zone 7a) wrote:

Prefers a moderately rich soil that is moist and well drained. Fairly easy to maintain, though. Plant in sun but away from strong winds. Divide every 2- to 3-years. Spreads rather quickly. Great for rock and cottage gardens. Flowers are slightly pendulous.

Easily grown from seed.