PlantFiles: Sweet corn
Zea mays var. rugosa 'Xtra-Tender 270A'

Family: Poaceae (poh-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zea (ZEE-uh) (Info)
Species: mays var. rugosa

Kernel Color:
Yellow
White

Positive Ozark On Aug 24, 2010, Ozark from Ozark, MO (Zone 6a) wrote:

We just harvested this corn, which I grew for the first time this year. I LIKE it!

I planted it late, on June 25, where I'd already grown and harvested rows of onions and beets this spring. Today, August 24 (only 60 days later) we picked and froze it. This variety makes small cornstalks, only 6' tall, and I was able to plant it in rows 32" apart, 5" between seeds, then thinning to 10" between plants.

Also, I let the crabgrass get away from me in that patch, and this corn grew with knee-high crabgrass crowding it, all in and between the rows. It didn't bother it a bit, and we still got a good harvest. This corn is super-sweet with a great flavor, and since it takes only half a growing season to be ready, I'll be planting it again both early and late.

Neutral Farmerdill On Sep 7, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 70 day SH2 bi-color hybrid developed by P. Mosely in 1999. Ears are 8.5 inches with 16 rows.

Ozark, Missouri