Limonium sinuatum

Family: Plumbaginaceae (plum-baj-i-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Limonium (lim-OH-nee-um) (Info)
Species: sinuatum (sin-yoo-AY-tum) (Info)
Synonym:Statice sinuata

Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Columbia, South Carolina

Salt Lake City, Utah

On Dec 19, 2014, LizaR from Gap, PA wrote:

Very easy to grow from seed. Makes and excellent cut and/ or dried flower. I'm in zone 6 and started mine indoors about 8 weeks before last frost. Planted out in late April and had blooms in mid June. Not the most attractive plant when not in bloom, but once they bloom they are fantastic and will keep blooming until first frost. I have grown Apricot Beauty, Purple Attraction, Blue River, Iceberg White and QIS yellow. The QIS series is the one most florists use for cutting and prefer to grow. There is also a beautiful Sunset Mix that some seed companies are now carrying. Mine did like to be fed, I used Blossom Booster by Miracle Gro. But these plants really need no maintenance and like it hot and dry, and prefer sandy soils.

On Jul 6, 2007, pford1854 from Marion, AR (Zone 7b) wrote:

These seeds were some of the very first to sprout. Once transplanted into the garden, the plant grew to about the size of a large dinner plate. More and more leaves, very flat, and stayed very close to the ground, in a circle. I really thought that the plants weren't going to do anything else, and then finally, center sprouts popped up. They were flat, four sided sprouts -- almost looked like a type of cactus, and then at the tip, dividing into many flower heads. More and more sprouts from the center of the plant. A real UNIQUE plant, but a nice addition to my garden. The flowers have a strong, almost 'sweet-rotten' smell to me, so doesn't smell real nice.

On May 2, 2005, ladyannne from Merced, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Much easier to grow that I ever thought, making me wonder why I did not try this earlier. A fantastic addition to flower bouquet your the garden. The leaves can become dry and unattractive easily, especially if underwatered, which does not affect the flower at all.

On Jan 18, 2005, pokerboy from Canberra
Australia (Zone 8b) wrote:

A very tough plant that provides masses of beautiful flowers. pokerboy.

On Jan 31, 2003, lupinelover from Grove City, OH (Zone 6a) wrote:

Grow statice in full sun for lots of outstanding everlasting flowers. They come in a wide range of colors and bi-colors.