Double Narcissus, Double Daffodil 'Rosy Cloud'

Family: Amaryllidaceae (am-uh-ril-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Narcissus (nar-SIS-us) (Info)
Cultivar: Rosy Cloud

Coshocton, Ohio

Glouster, Ohio

Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

On Sep 24, 2006, Leehallfae from Seattle, WA wrote:

These looked good in the catalog. In the garden; that so-called Pink hue is a sickly looking light orange.

The blossoms need to be staked. If they're not, the bulb breaks. Plus, unless they are in a container, protected, the frst time it rains, they get all soggy and turn gray.

Oh, yes, there is also no fragrance.

This daffodil - total waste of space and time.

On Sep 11, 2005, cls009 wrote:

I unfortunately have to give this flower a negative rating as well. When it actually opens properly the cup itself is one of the prettiest "pinks" I have seen. However, it rarely opens well, and the perianth tends to stay a very ugly green. I normally like the flowers with green mixed in but this is a green that does not look good at all, it really just makes the flower look sickly. This plant does also get top heavy with weak stems as mentioned above and rarely do the flowers stay facing up so you can see them for long. I'm going to give this plant one more year in my garden and see if its any better the second year, but from this year of the 10 bulbs planted I think there was only 1 that I would consider a good bloom.

On Apr 17, 2005, torgo from Decatur, GA wrote:

This one was the only real disappointment of all the daffodils I tried this year. The white-pink combo was too tempting to resist, but it doesn't live up to those gorgeous pics in the catalogs.

The pink fades quickly, becoming a dishwater gray in only a few days. The petals in the corona are so bunched up they look like they never really open. It's top-heavy and the stems aren't particularly strong, so it droops and after a slight rain it falls to the ground completely. I want to just dig them up and pitch them out, but I'll probably give them another year since daffodil season is over anyway.

Note that the pic is the *best* of my Rosy Cloud daffodils. From there it only goes downhill hard and fast.