Pimpernel
Anagallis 'Wildcat Blue'

Family: Primulaceae
Genus: Anagallis (an-uh-GAL-us) (Info)
Cultivar: Wildcat Blue

Kamas, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah

Danbury, Wisconsin

On Jun 4, 2014, Babzee from LEABURG, OR (Zone 8b) wrote:

Just bought this plant at our local store. It is hard to describe the shade of blue it is so deep. I can only compare it to Gentiana 'True blue'. I absolutely love it.
I will try to root some cuttings since I bought last plant and I cant find more of them anywhere.

On Oct 27, 2012, dicentra63 from West Valley City, UT (Zone 6b) wrote:

Elske, in 2012, I found this plant at Valley Nursery in Uintah, UT. It's on highway 89 just north of the I-84 interchange. I also found the "Skylover" cultivar of Anagallis.

Valley Nursery is a great place to find unusual plants. I make a pilgrimage from Salt Lake County every year!

On May 25, 2012, elske from Francis, UT wrote:

MY HUSBAND AND I MOVED FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TO NORTHERN UTAH (DON'T ASK) AND I BROUGHT A LARGE CLAY POT FULL OF ANAGALLIS IN THE SALMON COLOR. IT THRIVED AND CAME BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR. I GAVE SOME SEED STOCK TO A SISTER AND IT OVERTOOK HER FRONT YARD GARDEN. SHE NOW SUPPLIES ME WITH NEW SEED BECAUSE MY ORIGINAL PLANT WAS JUST WORN OUT AND I DID NOT COME BACK LAST YEAR. IT MIGHT ALSO BE THAT THE SHOCK OF MOVING FROM 5000' TO 7500' WAS TOO MUCH TO TAKE. I'M GOING TO TRY AGAIN THIS YEAR, ONCE I CAN BE SURE THERE WILL BE NO MORE HARD FREEZES. WE WOKE UP ON WEDNESDAY MAY 23,2012 AND IT HAD SNOWED OVERNIGHT...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS FLOWER IN BLUE, AND IF I CAN FIND IT LOCALLY, I WILL PLANT IT EVERYWHERE. IS THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT WILL SELL ME SOME WILDCAT BLUE SE... read more

On Jun 11, 2011, AnnetteS from Cedar Creek, TX wrote:

Just bought this from Home Depot today. Can't wait to see it in full bloom.

On Jul 28, 2007, Marilynbeth from Hebron, KY wrote:

Got it a month ago and have it planted in a plastic container in a sunny area. It's beautiful! Love the color blue! It's an Annual for me, but I had to have it!