PlantFiles: Coneflower
Echinacea 'Mango Meadowbrite'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Echinacea (ek-in-AY-shee-a) (Info)
Cultivar: Mango Meadowbrite
Additional cultivar information: (PP16636, aka Mango Meadowbrite, CGB Cone 3)
Hybridized by Palmer; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2004

Gold (Yellow-Orange)

Flowers are good for cutting

Patented

By bonniewong
Thumbnail #6 of Echinacea  by bonniewong

By bigcityal
Thumbnail #7 of Echinacea  by bigcityal

Neutral mt_horeb_garden On Jun 6, 2007, mt_horeb_garden from Mount Horeb, WI wrote:

This past winter was my first winter with this plant, and I was sure it did not make it until a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit reluctant to purchase, as my other Meadowbrite purchase (Orange, Art's Pride) did not make the winter several years back. I have eight other varieties of coneflower in my garden and they are all thriving and budding out. This plant is about 3 inches tall currently, and I am not sure if it even looks strong enough to bloom. I am giving it a neutral only because it may catch up, but I am not hopeful.

Positive Illinois_Garden On Jan 4, 2006, Illinois_Garden from Fox River Grove, IL (Zone 5a) wrote:

Just like my comment on the Art's Pride (Orange) Meadowbrite, this is a weedier version of a standard echinacea, but an excellent rebloomer and comes back bigger each year. I love the "mango" blooms, though they're a bit more yellow and less gold in my soil. It's a great match with the orange variety.

Neutral bigcityal On Dec 6, 2005, bigcityal from Menasha, WI (Zone 5a) wrote:

As with Art's Pride ,I purchased this plant this year and have not overwintered it yet - so the nuetral rating. This plant was slow to come on, but was doing great by late fall.

Positive esw On Nov 20, 2004, esw from Haydenville, MA (Zone 5a) wrote:

Lovely mango color, much paler than the orange meadowbrite 'Art's Pride'. Another of the introductions from the Chicago Botanical Garden. *Jim Ault)Slightly fragrant. Open branching structure, rough narrow leaves.
My plant was just established this summer so hardiness in my zone is still uncertain.

El Mirage, Arizona