PlantFiles: Rose
Rosa 'Memorial Day'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Memorial Day
Additional cultivar information: (PP16572, aka Parfum de Libert, WEKblunez)
Hybridized by Carruth; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2004

Bush

Patented

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:
Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Thumbnail #6 of Rosa  by cjolene

By Redkarnelian
Thumbnail #7 of Rosa  by Redkarnelian

Positive keferraro On Jun 19, 2013, keferraro from Crown Point, IN wrote:

Surprised to see that some say it is only rated to zone 7. I have had it for at least five years and it is unprotected each winter and bigger each year and I would say that I am smack dab in the middle of zone 5. Right now it is filled with probably 30 blooms and they are fragrant! It blooms at a lesser rate throughout the summer and then another flush in the fall.

Positive 80s_child On Feb 8, 2013, 80s_child from Hayward, CA wrote:

WOW such a beautiful rose with HUGE blooms with very stronge scented ahhh light up the garden, I bought couple of these from home depot few years ago, as most people says in here ya takes a long time to establish itself at least around couple years, to give the full effects But is gorgeous BIG hyper tea perfume rose & must have. Loves the sunshine & heat ,Real happy with it!

Positive Maeve819 On May 31, 2010, Maeve819 from Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6b) wrote:

This hybrid tea takes its time establishing itself in the garden. Be patient...the divine fragrance is worth it! Although hardiness is labeled as zone 7 and above, it does fine in my zone 6b.

Positive cajunqueen29 On Mar 16, 2010, cajunqueen29 from Thibodaux, LA wrote:

I purchased this rose in late March of 2007. It had a few buds on it when I put it in the ground. By mid April, the bush was full of beautiful dark pink buds. The fragrance of the blooms is WONDERFUL. At one point I counted over 20 blooms and buds on my bush. Very care free and seems to be disease resistant. The only problem I had with the plant was that Hurricane Ike passed that year and flooded my garden and took my rose with it. I have since moved and i am trying again with the same rose. I just hope I have the same luck as I did the first time.

Positive sthwnd On Apr 16, 2008, sthwnd from Green Cove Springs, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

This was one bought a year ago when the rose bed was put in the front yard. It struggled a little right at first to get settled, but it took. It seems to have weathered the winter well here. We do not have blooms yet, but there is plenty of new growth in the leaves & stalks. We are hopeful for new blooms soon.

Positive Candyce On Jul 9, 2007, Candyce from The Monadnock Region, NH (Zone 5a) wrote:

We bought this rose last year and had it growing in an old whiskey barrel. It did OK. After it had finished flowering last year, we transferred it to the main garden and mulched it well.

We are in Zone 5, so we were kind of worried that it might not return this year, but it has and it is doing well. It was the first of the season to begin growing, and the first of the season to bloom.

Neutral mystic On Feb 9, 2007, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

2004 AARS (All-American Rose Selection) winner.

Hayward, California