PlantFiles: Resurrection Fern, Gray Polypody
Polypodium polypodioides var. michauxianum

Family: Polypodiaceae
Genus: Polypodium (pol-ee-PODE-ee-um) (Info)
Species: polypodioides var. michauxianum

By Toxicodendron
Thumbnail #1 of Polypodium polypodioides var. michauxianum by Toxicodendron

No positives

Neutral PG789 On Jun 7, 2009, PG789 from Gainesville, FL wrote:

Ressurrection ferns grow profusely on our old oaks in Gainesville, Florida. I have seen them in all our our neighboring communities. We are right on the border of zones 8b and 9a so we can have micro climates depending on the north side of a house or south side of a house and shade conditions.

I have never been able to "paste" the fern onto my oaks and they do not seem to like transplanting but one showed up on the bottom of an outdoor furniture seat cushion. When a tree cutter has cut down some oaks I have asked them to save me some limbs with the ferns on them and used them as borders but they don't even like that, and soon die, NOT to be resurrected when it rains!!

I think they are pretty plentiful in North Central, Florida, and like the general climate conditions. You see a lot of them in old, undeveloped forests. Nurseries don't seem to want to carry them even though they're natives here.

Oh well, I'll keep trying..

Montgomery, Alabama
Tuscaloosa, Alabama (2 reports)
Fountain, Florida