PlantFiles: Hot Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Biker Billy'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Biker Billy

» View all varieties of Peppers

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Heat (Pungency):
Hot (5,000 to 30,000 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:
Tapered
Oblong

Fruit Size:
Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Stuffing
Drying
Pickling

Mid (69-80 days)

Positive donnyczech On Jul 20, 2013, donnyczech from Sioux Falls, SD (Zone 4b) wrote:

If you are planning on growing a jalapeno this is the one. I have grown several varieties over the years and landed on this one and will stick to it because it is hard to beat. The plant is not huge, but healthy. My son absolutely loves Biker Billy and eats them raw - I don't recommend this, however. The flavor is great and is a prime ingredient in our salsa. I will grow this cultivar as long as I garden.

Positive carlinsand On Mar 6, 2011, carlinsand from Cleveland, OH wrote:

amazingly easy to start from seed, transplants just fine and produces more fruit than leaves. HOT HOT HOT. Here in the great white north I dig mine up and pot them indoors for the winter, they continually flower and are looking strong and green (it's March now) will pop them back into the ground at the end of May

Positive LooneyLinda On Sep 26, 2005, LooneyLinda from Mantua, UT (Zone 4b) wrote:

Biker Billy jalapenos are hotter than average which is exactly what I wanted. My plant was started very late and was not as productive as I would have liked, but this was a bad gardening year in my area. I will definitely plant it next year

Positive critterologist On Apr 11, 2005, critterologist from Frederick, MD (Zone 6b) wrote:

These big peppers are at least twice as hot as an average jalopeno, and even tastier IMO when ripened to red (or even halfway to red). The plants were vigorous and very productive, and I suspect productivity may have been better yet if we had picked more green ones. I'm not starting any this year because I still have 4 pints of minced ones from last year, plus BB hot sauce! (I mince them in the food processor, add vinegar, and store in the fridge.)

Neutral Farmerdill On Oct 5, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A very hot large jalepeno hybrid. Fruits are very large, measuring 2" at the shoulder and 3-1/2" long. (70 day)

Oceanside, California