Panicle Hydrangea, Tree Hydrangea 'Little Lamb'

Hydrangea paniculata

Family: Hydrangeaceae (hy-drain-jee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hydrangea (hy-DRAIN-juh) (Info)
Species: paniculata (pan-ick-yoo-LAY-tuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Little Lamb

Burlington, Wisconsin

Menasha, Wisconsin

New Lisbon, Wisconsin

On Jun 9, 2015, SpringwoodGrdns from Penn Hills, PA wrote:

A tidy plant once mature and trimmed into a decent shape. Due to its semi-dwarf nature, it better-serves in corners of beds than as a centerpiece.

On Oct 14, 2012, KariGrows from New Lisbon, WI (Zone 4b) wrote:

I bought two, very small plants, one died but this one, the nicer of the two has thrived with very little attention. Its on the east side of the barn getting morning sun.
I love it ,so full of blooms and they turn a lovely pink later in the summer, the photo I posted was July. It is about 3 yrs old.
I would recommend this plant. I does seem to be wider than tall , but I won't quibble as I have had difficulty with other hydrangeas not blooming. Not so my favorite , Little Lamb.

On Aug 25, 2010, Oberon46 from (Mary) Anchorage, AK (Zone 4b) wrote:

I have two bushes that I got two years ago. They have gone through two winters, one in the ground and one in a huge (24" diameter and 24" deep) pot. The one in the ground has done better and the flowers are a very delicate white with pink centers. Little Lamb is a great name. I had the Annabelle hydrangea and all three died. Plus the flower heads were big and floppy and collapsed. Little Lamb is tidy, upright, and beautiful.

On May 10, 2009, hannett_garner from Silver Spring, MD wrote:

I've had 2 of these growing on the south side of my home, in full sun, in zone 7B for 4 years now. LOVE them!! Very delicate in appearance, but so far, very hardy. Blooms are white in the summer, but turn pink & then burgundy by fall.

On May 3, 2008, bigcityal from Menasha, WI (Zone 5a) wrote:

In to my second year with this shrub. It still seems to want to grow flatter and not as upright yet.

On Jul 27, 2007, ifonly from Brookfield, CT wrote:

Though not yet planted, this shrub is a delight as I move it around the yard to find its best position. Its flower is a miniature, not so heavy version of those on Peegee. It glows. Hmmm.... looks awfully nice in the dappled shade backed by the huge fir - but also looks great in the perennial bed. Uh oh, need another. Could use a bright spot in the front foundation planting, too. Uh oh.

On Dec 3, 2004, lmelling from Ithaca, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

From the sources "Hydrangeas for American Gardens," by Michael A. Dirr (2004), and "Encyclopedia of Hydrangeas" C.J. and D.M. Van Gelderen (2004 - Timber Press):

A small introduction by Robert and Jelena de Belder of Arboretum Kalmthout, Belgium in 1995. This shrub grows 6 to 8' high and produces small flowers, the sepals largely covering the fertile flowers . The name is derived from the "appearance of little lambs" contrasting with the foliage. This cultivar is a seedling of 'Pink Diamond'.

AKA 'Lammetje' and 'Klein Schaapje'. This plant is licensed by Springfield Nurseries, Michigan.