Coral Honeysuckle, Trumpet Honeysuckle
Lonicera sempervirens 'Blanche Sandman'

Family: Caprifoliaceae (cap-ree-foh-lee-AY-see-ee) (Info) (cap-ree-foh-lee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lonicera (luh-NIS-er-a) (Info)
Species: sempervirens (sem-per-VY-renz) (Info)
Cultivar: Blanche Sandman

Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

Hope Valley, Rhode Island

Copperas Cove, Texas

On Feb 20, 2015, GlovesOff from Salt Lake City, UT wrote:

I planted this last season and it grew and bloomed well in broken shade. We are having a very warm winter but I was ASTONISHED to discover there were 5 clusters of blossoms on this plant already- February 20 in Salt Lake City! Not even my primroses are in bloom yet!

On Jul 8, 2012, Sandwichkatexan from Copperas Cove, TX wrote:

Planted two of 'her' in my large clay pots in front of the house to climb up a nice arbor that can be seen from the street. I must admit I fell in love with native honeysuckle after seeing them in full bloom at the San Antonio botanical gardens. The blanche sandmans seem to be growing faster than my magnificas, John claytons , and major wheelers. I have all of my honeysuckles in prominent places. The only major difference is that the growth of blanche seems to be more upright than vining . I have to have her in partial shade because of the summer heat here . She seems to be thrilled with her location. No blooms as of yet but this is my first year with her. she is the perfect addition to my 4 major wheelers planted on my gazebo , two john claytons planted on trellises in front of the house ... read more

On Dec 9, 2011, xaia from Kitchener

I have had Blanche Sandman for several years now and every year it has grown and flowered better than ever. It is still in bloom in fact even though it's December 9th and it is the only plant hanging on after the frosts and snowfall. It is an incredible vine, it really has impressed me with its resilience! What a plant!

On Jul 27, 2007, JenniferE from Lebanon, PA (Zone 6a) wrote:

My plant has been growing well for years. It has a big bloom period in June, until the annual aphid attack damages the flower show. After that is over, the plant recovers and blooms like crazy again. This is the main hummingbird attracter for me.