Raspberry, Red Raspberry, European Raspberry
Rubus idaeus 'Fall Gold'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rubus (ROO-bus) (Info)
Species: idaeus (eye-DAY-ee-us) (Info)
Cultivar: Fall Gold
Additional cultivar information:(aka Fallgold)

Edible Fruits and Nuts

Plant has spines or sharp edges; use extreme caution when handling

Paradise, California

Norfolk, Virginia

Colville, Washington

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

On Jun 30, 2012, thinkinonit from Norfolk, VA wrote:

Very sweet, slight honey flavor raspberry. I bought 2 of these in spring. It is now July and I have noticed that raspberry size is directly related to amount of water given. We have well draining, rich soil. But in the extreme heat in July in Norfolk, VA. when berries ripen tends for small berries and leaves wilt very quickly if not given a good soaking every 2-3 days. If given enough water these berries get huge! I have picked enough off 2 plants to just about pay for the cost of one plant (14.99) in the berries I have harvested already. I am looking forward to fall.

On May 8, 2012, newbie1120 from Pocatello, ID wrote:

So far this plant is a delight. It's Spring where I am in Idaho but if feels more like winter with the 30degree temps at night. Because of where I live my raspberry is growing in a container. Right now I'd estimate that he's in a 3gallon, soon to be transplanted to 5. I work at the garden center where I purchased him and although it's been only about 4 weeks, I'd guess that this raspberry has doubled in height compared to the other Fall Gold's that arrive in the one gallon container. It has blooms that have flowered, and quite a few of them. However, not as many as regular red raspberries but this Goldie wins with it's voluptuous leaves. On nights below 45degrees I bring this plant inside and drag it down, down, down the stairs every morning so it can soak up a good 8 hours of light... read more

On Mar 6, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Juicy very sweet fruit and produces twice- in July and again in Fall.

On Dec 31, 2004, rubus from vancouver

In Vancouver, B. C. (like Seattle) this is a good choice for a novelty. The fresh berries are uniquely flavoured and make for an unusual treat. The fruits are not really suitable for uses other than fresh eating as they don't have the intense, acid flavour of their red cousins. They remind people of greengage plums, kiwis or peaches. A few plants amongst your main crop are recommended. I have allowed them to produce both summer and fall but will be going to a fall-only pruning. By this I hope to speed up their ripining date. It is a little later than the red Autumn Bliss so the yield is not as high as I would like. This is my only complaint though. They make a very good novelty planting. Try a few canes!

On Dec 4, 2004, Rwimp from American Falls, ID wrote:

VERY SWEET, but produces very little! Come on very late in SE Idaho.