Hybrid Tea Rose 'Bella'roma'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Bella'roma
Additional cultivar information:(PP15075, New Generation Roses® Collection, aka JACfrepu, Bella Roma™)
Hybridized by Zary
Registered or introduced: 2003

Hybrid Tea

USDA Zone 5b: to -26.1 °C (-15 °F)

Yellow blend (yb)

Bloom Shape:

Tea shaped

Flower Fragrance:

Very Fragrant

Other Details:

Stems are moderately thorny

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on old wood; prune after flowering

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

Norco, California

Charleston, South Carolina

Rock Hill, South Carolina

Racine, Wisconsin

On May 12, 2011, sram0425 from Houston, TX wrote:

fantastic rose .. spray often for black spot!!! It's worth the effort

On Dec 7, 2010, tgwWhale from Casco, WI wrote:

Bella'roma was not good to me. It did not grow well in my garden. It threw very few blooms, and those it did produce often "balled up" instead of opening properly. Also, it did not do well getting through a Wisconsin winter "boxed and buried" in ground.

After the second winter, very little was left alive, and I didn't like it anyway, so I culled it as a waste of space.

On Aug 28, 2009, greenthum3 from Jacksonville, FL wrote:

I've had this one for several seasons and have very few blooms but the fragrance is wonderful.

On Jul 18, 2008, slrob from Fort Worth, TX wrote:

Only rose I ever bought based on description and picture only, not a single bloom on the plant when purchased last year. Intoxicatingly strong scented beautiful creamy yellow center with pink tinged edges. It's still my favorite to share from my garden of 7 different roses.

On Feb 23, 2008, Kandi7 from Tekamah, NE wrote:

my favorite rose - the blooms are beautiful and the smell is intoxicating - it's planted near the street so I get many compliments on it and every time i come home it's blooms make me smile - so far it's survived every winter here - this winter has been colder than normal so I'm hoping it'll be back this spring!

On Aug 7, 2006, djs5060 from Clackamas, OR wrote:

I have found this to be a fabulous rose. Not only beautiful but strong fragrance. I'm surprised that I have not heard more about it on the net. I bought it as a tree rose two years ago when it first came out. The first year there were a few blooms. This year it has been loaded with blooms all a minimum of 4" across. My only somewhat negative comment would be that I have battled blackspot. I manage to keep it under control with a weekly spraying program.

On Jul 6, 2005, cupoftea from Bellmore, NY (Zone 7b) wrote:

I planted her this spring after hearing of her rich fragrance and I loved the color, too. I was not disappointed! Gorgeous colors, and an intense old rose fragrance.