White Coral Vine
Antigonon leptopus 'Alba'

Family: Polygonaceae
Genus: Antigonon (an-TIG-oh-non) (Info)
Species: leptopus (LEP-toh-puss) (Info)
Cultivar: Alba

Direct sow as soon as the ground can be worked

From seed; germinate in a damp paper towel

Collect seedhead/pod when flowers fade; allow to dry

Apache Junction, Arizona

Scottsdale, Arizona

Brooksville, Florida (2 reports)

Natchez, Mississippi

Nevada, Texas

Premont, Texas

Weir, Texas

Willis, Texas

On Apr 23, 2014, carnationmama from Scottsdale, AZ wrote:

I purchased a white queenswreathvine many years ago and put it in a pot. The root base got so huge that I cut it in half and made two plants. It grows like CRAZY. This past year I tried starting more from seed. Let the flowers stay on the vine until dried seeds have formed. Harvest seeds. Take about 6 and wrap them in a damp paper towel and put in a plastic bag. Make sure the towel stays damp. Within 7-14 days you will see them begin to sprout. Gently separate and put in small pots until they get enough size to plant. Great growers to fill a spot quickly! I have tons of seeds if anyone needs some!

On Jul 21, 2008, onalee from Brooksville, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

I started some plants from seed in spring of 2007, by the end of the summer several of them had started blooming and the vines were about 10' long. Although killed back by frost/freezes here in 9a (they are very cold tender, even covered with a blanket they were killed back by our first light freeze), these came back even stronger this year with lots of blooms and so far (mid-summer) the vines are easily 20' long and still growing! I was worried that they wouldn't be as vigorous as the more common pink, but they are! They are also EXTREMELY attractive to bees, wasps and smaller butterflies. It is factinating to watch the activity on these flowers - it is non-stop with pollinators! I'm very happy with the way these vines have performed here in zone 9a - hot and humid with sometimes lit... read more

On Oct 5, 2007, DawninTx from Nevada, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

A beautiful dainty looking vine. It grows fairly quickly in full sun to part shade and is somewhat draught tolerant once established. Blooms late summer, early fall.

On Sep 28, 2005, JeanneTX from Willis, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

I am growing "Alba" Coral vine..aka Antigonon leptopus in my garden in Willis,Texas. Full Sun and I don't water it hardly much at all. The bees and Butterflys LOVE this flower..I would highly recommend growing it..If you wish to cover a Trellis in no time..this is your plant...Jeanne