Calibrachoa, Million Bells 'Celebration Red'

Genus: Calibrachoa (kal-ih-bruh-KOE-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Celebration Red
Additional cultivar information:(PP12753, CelebrationŽ Series, aka , Celebration Cherry, Wescacherry)
Hybridized by Westhoff
Registered or introduced: 2001

USDA Zone 9a: to -6.6 °C (20 °F)

USDA Zone 10a: to -1.1 °C (30 °F)

USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)

Magenta (Pink-Purple)

New Caney, Texas

Newport News, Virginia

Pewaukee, Wisconsin

On Jun 10, 2008, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

I bought this annual to underplant around my plumies and they seem to co-exist happily. After experiencing success with the red, I have gone on to buy other colors to use as fillers in my summer pots.

On Nov 27, 2006, dansgirl from Atascadero, CA (Zone 10b) wrote:

Love this plant! Mine is in a container and has really done well. I loved it so much that I was inspired to buy 6 more (of different varieties and colors) and they have all done well!

On Apr 12, 2005, hanna1 from Castro Valley, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Small petunia-like bloom profusely over trailing plants. Rapid-grwoing and heat-tolerant. Plant in full sun where heat is not extreme, mine had a hard time last summer due to temps in the 80's 100's.

On Nov 15, 2004, lmelling from Ithaca, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

Although I have to grow calibrachia as an annual here in zone 5, it is still an important part of my gardens each year. The cherry is probably my favorite and I use it year after year along with the purple hybrid. They are usually one of the first things I plant in May, and one of the last things to die off in October. Their ability to withstand light frosts makes them a real asset here, as we have had frosts as late as the end of May and as early as August.

I find that calibrachoa does best for me in planters in rich, potting soil, full sun and average water conditions. It has only failed to grow for me 1 year and that was 2004, when our rainfall exceeded 6+ inches every month from May - August and temperatures averaged in the 70's only during June and July. The plants... read more