PlantFiles: Hot Pepper
Capsicum chinense 'Aji Dulce #1'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: chinense (chi-NEN-see) (Info)
Cultivar: Aji Dulce #1

» View all varieties of Peppers

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Heat (Pungency):
Mild (1 to 1,000 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:
Twisted

Fruit Size:
Small (under 2" in length)

Fruit Color:

By chimayo
Thumbnail #2 of Capsicum chinense by chimayo

No positives

Neutral sioushi On Aug 27, 2012, sioushi from Atlanta, GA wrote:

I bought the seeds in a store from the Southern Exposure Seed Exchange brand. Although these were billed as "sweet, mild" peppers, I wonder if they got a mislabeled source batch, because the peppers nearly took my face off, they were so hot. They were hotter than the Red Cap Mushroom peppers I grew from the same company's seed.

They were very, very slow to get started. I started the seedlings in April, and by June the plants were still only ten inches high. However, in late July they started fruiting, and in August they took off like gangbusters. I'm growing organically in full sun, and it will about kill me to pull up a healthy, productive plant like this, but I don't need any more hot peppers. I'm currently drying the harvest to grind it for chili powder; hopefully I can use it as a cooking ingredient. I can't tell you what the flavor's like because they burn my mouth so badly.

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 18, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A green to orange to red 2 X 1.25 inches Habanero Type but mild. Unusual fruit shaped like a scallop squash with a pointy end.

Atlanta, Georgia