PlantFiles: Ornamental Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Treasures Red'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Treasures Red

Fruit Color:
Cream changing to red

Hybrid

Usage:
Ornamental (not recommended for eating)

Mid (69-80 days)

By youngd24
Thumbnail #1 of Capsicum annuum by youngd24

Positive Sandwichkatexan On May 4, 2012, Sandwichkatexan from Copperas Cove, TX wrote:

does well here , I have grown it for the past year from seed . It has also reseeded itself in the bed it was planted in. I purchased gallon containers of this last year from the Fort Hood post Exchange and at the end of the season I saved about fifteen peppers and dried the seed . Seems I did not have to as it reseeded nicely . I have not eaten the peppers personally but the add a nice slice of color to the front walk . I have to add this is not my favorite ornamental pepper but it is the most carefree and easy pepper to grow if you want that pop of color . It starts out white and ages to red but the in between is beautiful and as the plant matures you can have 3 or more color peppers on the same plants .

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 23, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A white to red upright growing conical hybrid available from New England Seed,