Green Euryops, Bush Daisy 'Viridis'

Euryops pectinatus

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Euryops (YOOR-ee-ops) (Info)
Species: pectinatus (pek-tin-AY-tus) (Info)
Cultivar: Viridis

Flowers are good for cutting

Blooms all year

Liberty Hill, Texas

Paris, Texas

Prosper, Texas

On Apr 1, 2012, Sandwichkatexan from Copperas Cove, TX wrote:

I use these as filler for all my flowerbeds they do great here. when they get to tall I trim them and they rebound nicely . The only negative is that in the Texas heat they seem to bloom less. They bloom heavily in spring and through winter .

On Oct 30, 2010, klrscur from Loves Park, IL wrote:

I planted this bush at the beginning of the spring in Northern Illinois, and I absolutely love it. It grows very fast and has maintained its beautiful green and yellow all spring and summer. It is now October, and I am thinking of moving it to an empty spot in my flower bed. It has gotten bigger than I thought, faster than I thought, and it doesn't look right where it is. Does anyone know what it looks like in the winter? We have lots of snow and temps get below 0. I want to place it in front of a tacky utility box. Ideas??

On Oct 26, 2010, galxeris from Las Vegas, NV wrote:

I use this shrub daisy as an accent plant around my willow acacia tree. Although, it doesn't flower during the summer months ( desert temps: 100 degrees and higher) it, nonetheless, provides bright, yellow blooms during cooler autumn months. The color, texture, and size of this plant also provides a great background to varied colorful bush chrysanthemums that I have planted in groups nearby. It's a hardy, worthwhile landscape plant requiring minimal watering and care.

On Aug 25, 2009, lizinla from Los Angeles, CA wrote:

Hello fellow plant lovers. I was hoping you may be able to help me, last week I got these Euryops Daisy Trees from a nursery and transplanted them to terra-cotta pots on the same day. Used potting soil. Kept all the roots intact. Some were breaking out of the nursery pot.

Only one plant was looking sad, but now all look very wilted and dry. I water them every day (following the nursery's advice for the first week), but now they look more wilted and some even have very dry branches. Also, some have some white fuzz on the branches.

They get full sun for a couple of hours, but it seems they might be getting more reflected light and drying up on me. Or are they overwatered?

Thank you for any help or guidance you may give me. I love these plants and... read more

On Aug 24, 2009, cynthia_hitch from Maryville, TN wrote:

This is my first however, I need help its seems to be dead in the center. I do have it in a container because I plan to bring it inside for the winter....but why is the center dead. What can I do she is still blooming beautifully

On Nov 17, 2008, catchawave from Victoria

I live in Victoria, Canada which is Zone 8 and have had mixed results with this plant. If it gets close to freezing the plant does not seem to survive. With our dry summers it also is under much distress. My best luck has been as a large container plant close to the house to give extra heat and away from winter rain storms. My current plants are entering their second winter. Welcome thoughts from anyone in PNW.

On Aug 10, 2007, Opoetree from Oak View, CA wrote:

We originally bought some of these plants to help sell our house in Ventura, California. The foliage is nice and the yellow flowers seem to be in constant bloom. We took some plants with us when we moved -- and now, 20 years later, the plants are still going strong!

On Jan 31, 2005, mborba from Hidden Valley, CA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Have only had this plant in my front yard for a year. Its very deer resistant here in Northern California. Blooms all year. Fast growing. Bought them as one gal. plants. They are 4 feet in diameter in one year. Need full sun to grow fast.

On Dec 15, 2004, hanna1 from Castro Valley, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Beautiful Winter interest in the Garden as it then gives its best show! Originaly from Africa. Will resist sun, drought and cold once established. Best propagated by semi-hardwood cuttings in water or soil. After 2 weeks root system is generally sufficiently developed to transplant in potting soil.
The original E. Pectinatus has gray-green leaves, deeply divided. Sunset Zones: 9-10.