PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Large Pink Bulgarian'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Large Pink Bulgarian

By Dann_L
Thumbnail #1 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Dann_L

By Dann_L
Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Dann_L

Positive Dann_L On May 24, 2008, Dann_L from San Tan Valley, AZ (Zone 9b) wrote:

The Large Pink Bulgarian is proving to be a moderately heavy producer of hefty beefsteak fruits. I have 2 plants and both have 20 to 25 fruits each. They are in cages and have attained a height of approximately 5-51/2 feet so they are quite manageable. I have discarded a few tomatoes from each plant with BER but I don't think the plants are predisposed to that affliction. All in all I am pleased with the Large Pink Bulgarian and if the flavor and texture are there I will definitely grow them again.

By the end of the season, each plant produced 35 to 40 tomatoes each. The size, flavor and texture were just as advertised and I couldn't be happier. They are now a regular in my garden.

Neutral Big_Red On Dec 19, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

"Dark pink fruits 8 oz. to 1 lb. Slightly flattened globes with superb flavor. Productive.

Queen Creek, Arizona