PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Plum Lemon'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Plum Lemon

Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by NisiNJ

No positives

Neutral tomatofrog On Jan 23, 2011, tomatofrog from Echuca
Australia wrote:

This has turned out a stuffer type for me this year! Just like a yellow stuffer but with the original plum lemon shape. Makes me want to grow seed again next year to see what comes of it.

Well what do you know, only the first few fruits were like I described. The rest are just as the other people here have said. I don't know what to make of it.

Neutral DrDoolotz On Aug 5, 2007, DrDoolotz from Oxford, NS (Zone 5b) wrote:

I have grown 2 seasons now and I like the shape and form of this tomato but am not crazy about the taste. It is quite bland for me. I use it in my mixed yellow/orange tomato roasted paste/sauce that I make each year. I would not call the vines "rampant" but the yield is reasonably good. They are very "dry" in the meat of the tomato, like paste tomatoes generally are, and easy to pull out the seeds. I will grow again because I still have more seed but I might not buy seed again.

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 3, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Bit of background: This tomato was collected by Kent Whealy from an elderly seedsman at Moscow's Bird Market during the coup in August 1991.

Neutral Big_Red On Dec 23, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

Bright yellow fruits are lemon shaped. They are very solid like a paste tomato. Rampant vines produce like crazy.

Urbandale, Iowa