Tomato 'Yellow Stuffer'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Yellow Stuffer
Hybridized by Petoseed (Seminis)
Registered or introduced: 1990

Regular Leaf

Clarksville, Indiana

Lipan, Texas

On Sep 12, 2006, MikeyJoe from Clarksville, IN wrote:

Most people that see a Yellow Stuffer or a Green Bell Pepper (another Tomato variety) have a hard time believing that they are Tomatoes. They are shaped exactly like a Pepper, even the seeds lift out in a ball if you cut a ring around the top.

The photo I uploaded shows two Yellow Stuffers, one full of cottage cheese and one that has the top cut off. It's that easy to stuff one, and they have a good flavor. My favorite way to eat them is to fill them with cottage cheese and then sprinkle on a little Chef Paul's Seasoning Salt.

They have a firmer flesh and skin than most Tomatoes, if they didn't they would not be able to hold their shape. I am thinking about trying to stuff them as I would a Pepper and baking them, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Another... read more

On Jul 14, 2005, dbknread from Harrison, AR wrote:

These are great for stuffing - just like bell peppers. I was disappointed in my plant only had three tomatoes

On Dec 23, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

A yellow stuffing tomato that's shaped exactly like a green bell pepper.

On Feb 1, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

this is a pale yellow pepper shaped stuffing tomato that averages a little over 100 grams. Like most stuffing tomatoes it is hollow and the dry flesh is not highly flavored. Perfect for stuffing and baking however.

On Mar 20, 2003, CanadaGoose from Oakville, ON (Zone 5b) wrote:

Grew these last year, and had plenty of fruit, but found the fruit very disappointing. Very hollow (so ok for stuffing), but otherwise completely lacking in flavour.

On Jan 27, 2003, clint488 wrote:

I have grown these with some success. My plants were 2 - 3 ft tall and each had about 8 fruits. This tomato is hollow when grown and can be used much like a bell pepper. It is good stuffed or in stir fry. It is Pastel Yellow in color.