PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Aunt Gertie's Gold'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Aunt Gertie's Gold

By aries44
Thumbnail #6 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by aries44

Thumbnail #7 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Suze_

Neutral brandon05w On May 11, 2014, brandon05w from LEOMA, TN wrote:

Aunt Gertie's Gold is without a doubt the best tasting tomato I have ever grown. It is also the worst performing! I was extremely dissapointed with the low yields I got. I'm not sure if the awesome taste is worth the work.

Positive CaliforniaGuy On Aug 4, 2013, CaliforniaGuy from Lakewood, CA wrote:

I grew two plants for the first time this year. They looked half dead all season while other plants were thriving, but then they suddenly produced a crop of about 12 of some of the most complex tasting, cool looking (kind of ugly though) tomatoes I've grown. I will have to wait and see if it keeps going.

Neutral SLO_Garden On Oct 18, 2010, SLO_Garden from San Luis Obispo, CA wrote:

As my plant only produced a total of one tomato, I have to give Aunt Gertie's Gold a Neutral rating. However, it was one spectacular tomato! AGG is large with an outstanding, complex tomatoey flavor. I didn't get my one tomato until very late in the season (mid October!), but we had an unseasonably cool summer. Because it was so good, I'd try growing AGG again, though.

Positive passiflora_pink On Jul 9, 2009, passiflora_pink from Shelby County, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

Delicious, beautiful pleated fruits. Highly recommended.

Positive Ozark On Aug 5, 2008, Ozark from Ozark, MO (Zone 6a) wrote:

Absolutely great tomato flavor. This variety wasn't very productive for me in this wet, rainy year - but the few tomatoes I got from it made it worthwhile. I'll be growing it again in hopes fruitset will be better in another, drier, year.

Positive aries44 On Jan 22, 2007, aries44 from Miami, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

At or near the top of my list for taste in an Orange/Gold. Very large, vigorous vines but not too prolific.

Positive Suze_ On Jun 10, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

Best beefsteak type in the general yellow/gold/orange category I've tasted thus far. Bold flavor, great texture.

Neutral Big_Red On Dec 23, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

A favorite of Dr. Carolyn Male's. Her description: "Fruits variable in size, about 8-16 ounces, deep gold at maturity. They are not always blemish free, but this is one of the best tasting varieties I've experienced, regardless of color, just superb, rich, not overly sweet and juicy. Virginia heirloom. Seed came to Carolyn via the late, wonderful, Chuck Wyatt.

Pelham, Alabama