Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Tomato 'Hawaiian Pineapple'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Hawaiian Pineapple

East Elmhurst, New York

Horseheads, New York

Sheboygan, Wisconsin

On Aug 11, 2016, MaryArneson from Minneapolis, MN (Zone 4b) wrote:

I wouldn't have bought a yellow beefsteak that requires a long growing season, but it was the free packet with an order. I love it! It was the first full-size tomato to ripen in my garden -- almost as early as the cherry tomatoes. The flavor is as good as many red beefsteak tomatoes. The plants are tremendously productive. I'll plant this one again.

On May 17, 2013, tomatochick from Danbury, CT wrote:

Outrageously good flavor! My favorite cultivar so far and I've easily grown a good 40-50 different varieties. Beautiful large multicolored fruit that makes a handsome addition to salads (or anything else, really). I adore this variety and was so pleased to find it again this year - this one gets a permanent spot in the garden for sure!

On Mar 21, 2007, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

Informational comment, I've not grown this variety.

'Hawaiian Pineapple' is not a a true bicolor, and is commonly confused with 'Pineapple', which has a separate entry in PlantFiles.

On Jan 24, 2007, aries44 from Miami, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

These vines and fruit have been very good performers in the S Fla winter growing season. The size of the fruit is 12-24 oz and their flesh is gold streaked with red. A sweet tasting tomato to me and very good mixed with other tomatos in a salad. They do not last very long once ripe.

On Jul 13, 2006, passiflora_pink from Central, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

I was expecting a bland flavor from this pale tomato but it was acidic and tasty. When sliced the flesh was smooth and meaty and was reminiscent of a pineapple in appearance. My plant was not very productive however.

On Dec 24, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

".....Large to extra large yellow beefsteaks. Whwn they ripen, they turn to a deep gold and develop red marbling on blossom ends."