Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Banana Legs'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Banana Legs

Traverse City, Michigan

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

negative

On Mar 1, 2015, TLROSE from Dunn, NC wrote:

TO COMMENT ON THE NEGATIVE REVIEW, I GREW THESE TOMATOES A YEAR AGO I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM AS ONE OF THE MANY TOMATOES I ROASTED IN THE OVEN WITH OLIVE OIL,GARLIC POWDER, AND CRACKED PEPPER. IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE BLAND TASTE, TRY THEM THIS WAY. JUST PUT A VARIETY OF CHERRY TOMATOES AND ANY OTHER SMALL TOMATOES YOU HAVE ON HAND ON A RIMMED BAKING SHEET OR BOWL, POUR ON EVOO AND ANY SPICE YOU LIKE AND BAKE AT 400 TILL THEY BURST AND RELEASE THEIR JUICE, CHECKING EVERY FEW MINUTES. THIS MAKES A DELICIOUS SAUCE FOR PASTA OR AS AN ADDITIVE TO SAUCES FOR OTHER FOODS.

On Dec 30, 2012, livinonfaith from Fuquay Varina, NC wrote:

We really enjoyed this little plant when we grew it a few years ago. Yes, the flavor is rather mild, but it was pleasant and it added a wonderful color and texture to salads.

Its strong point is that it is a very reliable performer and, while determinate, ours gave us about six weeks of prolific and steady harvest. That is a big deal in my area, where diseases are rampant.

My teenage son was actually disappointed when it stopped producing. He had grown accustomed to those cheerful yellow rounds in his salads!

On Apr 14, 2011, BUFFY690 from Prosperity, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

Growing this one in 2011, seed germinated in 6 days, waiting to transplant.

On Feb 14, 2009, jenhillphoto from Danbury, CT (Zone 6a) wrote:

Prolific? Yes. Tasty? Nope. Sorry, I just don't like these tomatoes at all and I had tons of them. I can't find any reason to grow these again. Just bland, bland, bland.

Will not grow again.

On Jun 12, 2006, passiflora_pink from Shelby County, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

My vine was very productive, outpacing my attempts to eat them, freeze them and give them away. I don't know their stated resistance but they outlived my other heirlooms. They stored well and looked beautiful in salads. I would recommend trying this one season instead of standard cherry tomatoes. The fruits were shaped more like peppers than pear-shaped.

On Dec 31, 2004, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

Long, sausage shape fruit, pale translucent yellow with light green stripes.