PlantFiles: Marigold, French Marigold
Tagetes patula 'Golden Guardian'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Tagetes (TAG-e-teez) (Info)
Species: patula (PAT-yoo-luh) (Info)
Cultivar: Golden Guardian

Not Applicable

Gold (Yellow-Orange)

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

Positive sterhill On Jul 14, 2005, sterhill from Atlanta, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Atlanta - they got bigger than I expected. Raised from seed this year. I planted them among my tomatoes which was recommended, and the tomatoes are doing wonderfully. No sign of tomato disease even with all the terrifically wet weather we've had this year. I will add a photo as soon as it stops raining! Also measure them as they are very tall.

Positive EskieLeia On Jan 2, 2005, EskieLeia from Leesville, SC (Zone 8a) wrote:

Golden Guardina controls nematodes in your vegetable garden and attract beneficial bees and insects for pollination. I interplant these with okra, pepper and tomato plants. These are single-flowered plants that grow quite tall. If you do not want them to reseed, dehead before they dry, as they do come back each year. I don't find them to be invasive though.