PlantFiles: Fuchsia
Fuchsia 'Angels Earrings Cascading'

Family: Onagraceae (on-uh-GRAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Fuchsia (FEW-she-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Angels Earrings Cascading
Additional cultivar information: (PP10378, Angels EarringsŪ series, aka Sanihanf)
Hybridized by Tanaka/Funakoshi/Nose/Sakazaki; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1997

» View all varieties of Fuchsias

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

USDA Zone 10a: to -1.1 °C (30 °F)
USDA Zone 10b: to 1.7 °C (35 °F)
USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)

Fuchsia (Red-Purple)

By DiamondD
Thumbnail #4 of Fuchsia  by DiamondD

By rntx22
Thumbnail #5 of Fuchsia  by rntx22

Positive RonDEZone7a On May 23, 2012, RonDEZone7a from Wilmington, DE (Zone 7a) wrote:

I've grown Fuchsia 'Angels Earrings Cascading' for several seasons in Delaware and it does indeed survive and bloom in our summer heat. It also tolerates some afternoon sun. you just have to remember to water it! I should also note that it is a vigorous plant - it grows nice and lush with just a little fertilizer.

I have not attempted wintering in the ground. I have mine in a hanging pot and I bring it into my greenhouse shed during the winter, which gets down to just above freezing in winter.

So I would highly recommend this plant if you live in eastern North America and want a hanging fuchsia that can handle summer heat.

Positive joey62 On Feb 1, 2010, joey62 from Gun Barrel City, TX wrote:

I'VE HAVE ANGELS EARRINGS CASCADING FUCHSIA FOR OVER A YEAR. DENCE SHADE. A LITTLE SUN IN THE MORNING. PLACED IT IN MY UNHEATED SHOP IN OCTOBER. MADE SURE IT GOT SOME SUNLIGHT,KEPT IT DAMP, BUT NOT SOAKED. ITS NICE AND GREEN AND I'LL PUT IT OUT IN MARCH. I'M VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PLANT. THE HUMMERS LOVE IT.

San Anselmo, California
Wilmington, Delaware
Daytona Beach, Florida
Baton Rouge, Louisiana (2 reports)
Echo, Louisiana