PlantFiles: Large Flowered Climbing Rose
Rosa 'Red Fountain'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Red Fountain
Hybridized by Williams; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1975

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Class:

Habit:
Trained to climb

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:
Blooms on old wood; prune after flowering

By mgarr
Thumbnail #1 of Rosa  by mgarr

Positive SCROUNGE On May 1, 2012, SCROUNGE from Richmond, TX wrote:

I have had two "Red Fountain Roses" in my garden for 4 to 5 years now. Every February around Valintines Day I prune all of the canes back to approximately 12 inches in height. Today is May 1, and the canes have already grown to 6 or 7 feet tall and have started to bloom. I also have three "Maggie Roses" in the same rose bed and they started blooming about 3 to 4 weeks ago. At this time I have 40 to 50 Maggie blooms and about 3 dozen Red Fountain blooms, They seem to alternate in their blooming cycles with the Maggie blooming first then followed by the Red Fountains. these blooming cycles will be from earliy April and will last through
mid to late December. Sometimes with a mild winter they will bloom all the way into the first part of January. They are so beautiful when they are both blooming at the same time. My wife and I get to enjoy them all year long.

Atoka, Tennessee