PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Wapsipinicon Peach'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Wapsipinicon Peach

Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by hannah82

By gfetelya
Thumbnail #5 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by gfetelya

Neutral imuneekru On Jun 15, 2013, imuneekru from ESSINGTON, PA wrote:

Not the most versatile, but delicious enough to grow again! This is a small, very juicy tomato with a unique fruity flavor. We enjoyed it last year, just quartered on salads. It's a very sloppy/messy fruit, and it is prone to some splitting in wet weather.

The plant produced late to my recollection, but once it got going, it was extremely prolific. I had a hard time keeping up with the harvest from our 2 plants. It managed to survive some benign neglect and irregular watering at the beginning of the season.

Neutral tomatl On Jan 29, 2009, tomatl from Kootenays, BC (Zone 6b) wrote:

This is definitely a very sweet tomato very low in acidity - so it's great if you're looking for that. I'm not really a fan of really sweet tomatoes. The vines themselves were quite vigorous, but I didn't get a very big yield at all. The tomatoes themselves are quite interesting with their slight peach-type fuzz on the skin. They were a big hit at Thanksgiving, but it wasn't my favourite. I probably won't grow this one again.

Positive DrDoolotz On Aug 5, 2007, DrDoolotz from Oxford, NS (Zone 5b) wrote:

Grew well, but limited yields. I would grow again - I enjoy the taste and the fruits are a nice size, especially for salads. The fuzzy skin is a good conversation starter!

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 3, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Comes from Dennis Schlicht and named after the river of the same name in northeast Iowa.

Negative tombaak On Aug 29, 2006, tombaak from High Desert, NV (Zone 5a) wrote:

Too "sweet" for me. I didn't think it had much tomato flavor and I won't be growing it again.

Positive hurono On Sep 10, 2005, hurono from Troy, OH wrote:

A wonderful surprise. Great sweet tomato. Very prolific and with that unique skin that has been compared to fuzz, hence the peach name. Flavor was also interesting. One that I will grow next year!

Neutral Farmerdill On Aug 21, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A small (2 inch) pale yellow "peach" type tomato.

Sierra Vista, Arizona