PlantFiles: Petunia
Petunia grandiflora 'Dolce Limoncello'

Genus: Petunia (peh-TEWN-ya) (Info)
Species: grandiflora (gran-dih-FLOR-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Dolce Limoncello
Additional cultivar information: (aka Dolcissima Limoncello)

Not Applicable

Thumbnail #4 of Petunia grandiflora by cactus_lover

Thumbnail #5 of Petunia grandiflora by Kell

Thumbnail #6 of Petunia grandiflora by Kell

Thumbnail #7 of Petunia grandiflora by Kell

Positive PinetopPlanter On Jul 27, 2009, PinetopPlanter from Auburn Four Corners, PA (Zone 5a) wrote:

If I could grow only one kind of petunia, the dolcissima series would be the one I'd choose, and I've grown many different types, both by seed and store-bought plants.

This is the third year I've grown this series of petunia, always from seed, and from a mixture of the 3 varieties purchased from Jung Seed and Nursery Co. The germination is terrific (I had them in a flat with other varieites and they were by far the fastest and most vigorous variety). They form stocky plants for me, and the colors are really beautiful. Mom thinks they are the most beautiful petunias. This particular yellow is extremely floriferous and is a very nice shade of yellow. It looked beautiful next to some pale blue petunias I grew from another series (Aladdin Nautical series). I like growing the mixture, as the three varieties really compliment each other. Flower size is good, too.

I wouldn't be without these in the garden, and highly recommend them!

Negative meadowgarden On Jul 31, 2005, meadowgarden from Rockford, IL (Zone 4b) wrote:

I had only one of ten seeds come up. The plant has been slow growing for me. There are other petunias with similar coloration that may be easier to start from seed. I had better luck starting and growing the other Dolce varieties.

Hampton, Illinois