Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Magnificent Brunfelsia

Brunfelsia magnifica

Genus: Brunfelsia (brun-FELZ-ee-uh) (Info)
Species: magnifica (mag-NIH-fee-kuh) (Info)

Seed is poisonous if ingested

Lompoc, California

Santa Rosa, California

Gibsonton, Florida

Covington, Louisiana

Hillsborough, North Carolina

Mcallen, Texas

On May 25, 2014, Catcher1love from Mountain View, NC wrote:

My 3 plants have not bloomed so far this year. We had an unusually cold winter and early spring. They were wintered in my garage (potted) and didn't put them out til frost was over. I brought them from Texas and they have done very well in pots in NC. Am worried, though, that they haven't yet bloomed. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

On Apr 24, 2005, TropicalLover21 from Santa Maria, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

I love Yesterday Today and Tomorrow plants!! They are so amazing, and smell soooo good too!!! I cant believe it, and they grow pretty fast, except this type.. I really love this one, its very easy to grow and the blooms are huge, and the leaves are huge too, ive had it in the ground for about two years now, it lose's a little leaves in winter, but comes back strong, it does well when fertalized too!!! I also have the Floribuna Compacta! Its simply amazing too.. It has smaller leaves, and smaller blooms, but has more blooms that the regular Floribunda and the Magnifica!! Its awsome too, i really thinkg everyone should try both types!!! No pest's ive seen soo far!

On Apr 19, 2005, Elphaba from Rockport, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

The flowers look similar to other Yesterday, Today and Tomorrows, but they are very large. I took my ruler out in the garden this morning and they are a good 3 inches across. I've kept it in a pot for several years now because it really hates cold weather. It wilts if there is a cold wind even if it's not below freezing. I put it in the potting shed on the nights where it gets below freezing and it will still lose some leaves, but it always comes back strong. I planted it in the ground this spring, so we'll see what happens this winter! I uploaded an old photo since there weren't any posted. When my bush is in full bloom, I'll take another picture and post it, so you can see the whole plant. Also, mine blooms several times a year if it is in a sunnier location. I had it in a shady... read more